Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 3 Update

 

Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my third weekly update for Wyrd & Wonder! Wyrd & Wonder 2024 is a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid).  I know I always say this, but this is always such a fun monthly challenge to take part in and I've worked my way through more.  Keep reading to see what I got up to since last week:

My Wyrd & Wonder Posts Since Last Week:





What I Watched Since Last Week:

 ❋  

I'm honestly surprised by how much I ended up liking The Little Mermaid (2023).  I especially liked that we got to know a bit more about Eric.  The songs were pretty great, but my two favorites were easily Part of Your world (Halle Bailey has a great voice) and Wild Uncharted Waters (which is a new song for this movie).  I didn't really know anything about Jonah Hauer-King going in, but now I know that he has a great voice that really makes the song stand out from so many classics.

My review is also on Letterboxd.


 ❋ 

I can definitely say The Lord of the Rings (1978) was a trip. They really did Sam dirty in this version of the story - what did they have against poor Sam? Biggest surprises: John Hurt is the voice Aragorn and Anthony Daniels is the voice of Legolas.  Also, it only covers The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers - plans for The Return of the King ended up falling through and it never got made.

My review is also on Letterboxd.


 ❋   

I watched the fourth and fifth episodes of The Uncanny Counter, Season 2 (2023) and I'm just as invested in this season as I was in season one because I love these characters so much.  Na Jeok-bong is starting to grow on me more. Jeok-bong's barnyard fight scene is pretty cool as he starts to come into his power a little more even though he hasn't had much in the way of training yet.  Other favorite scenes in episode 4: the tag team fight with Mo-tak and Mrs. Chu, and Mrs. Chu and Chairman Choi dancing the tango.  In episode 5, I loved getting to see more of Ha-na's shared past with Park Do-hwi.  It's good seeing her open up a little more even if it hurt to see when she was in the coma.  Finally, I feel so bad for Mr. Ma - I genuinely hate what's happened for him, but I can only hope he fights back against his evil spirit and Mr. Hwang.  Also, I finally realized where I've seen Yoo In-soo (the actor that plays Na Jeok-bong, the new Counter).  He also played Yoon Gwi-nam in All Of Us Are Dead, one of the main antagonists!  What a total 180!  I am flabbergasted.



What I Read Since Last Week:

 ❋  

Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell  is my first Disney Twisted Tale.  I've been looking for more Peter Pan retellings since I read Peter Darling by Austin Chant and this is a solid retelling.  I think it's longer than it needs to be, but I loved the idea of Wendy going to Never Land with Hook for the first time instead.  I especially appreciated Wendy's scenes with Tinker Bell.  I might have to look into more of these Twisted Tales.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 

I really wanted to like The Song of All (The Legacy of Heavens #1) by Tina LeCount Myers, but it just wasn't for me. I definitely preferred the idea of it more than anything.  It had everything about it that I thought would make it right up my alley.  The pacing is too slow for me and the world-building is pretty light outside of the most direct setting.  However, I wouldn't be against trying something else from the author if she decided to write something outside of this series.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder?  Have you seen watched or read these things?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm glad the new Little Mermaid worked for you! I'd love to see it one of these days😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually a pleasant surprise. I hope you enjoy when you get there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Upcoming Fantasy Releases I'm Looking Forward To