Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell


          

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice (Anne @ My Head Is Full of Books is currently managing hosting duties), and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  In honor of Wyrd & Wonder 2024 (a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid), The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) will be featuring one of the books I'm reading for this month's TBR.  This week I'm spotlighting one of my one of my Beat The Backlist 2024  and Wyrd & Wonder 2024 books, Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell.  After reading Peter Darling, I decided I need to try more Peter Pan retellings.

Beginning: 

"Wait, did we look over by the Troll Bridge?"

56:

"It's bad look to have a woman aboard," one large old pirate with a red bandanna growled.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder 2024?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This sounds fun! I've been meaning to try some of these Disney stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peter Pan retellings! Off the top of my head, I can think of three: Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter Pan in Scarlet, and Lost Boys. I just put Peter Darling on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter and the Starcatchers was so cool. I hope you enjoy Peter Darling.

      Delete
  3. I did participate in Wyrd & Wonder a bit but not as much as I would have liked! & I want to read this one, I like Peter Pan a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not taking part in Wyrd & Wonder, but this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I love retellings, especially for fairy tales I'm not that familiar with . Where does this one rank for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say this falls somewhere pretty squarely in the middle of the pack.

      Delete
  6. I always gravitate towards Peter Pan retellings. I hope this is good😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read many Peter Pan retellings, but I've enjoyed the ones I have read. I think I need to add this one to my wishlist. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Upcoming Fantasy Releases I'm Looking Forward To