Skip to main content

Olympic Book Tag: Paris 2024

Happy Saturday everyone!  I saw this tag over on It Starts At Midnight and it's the perfect bookish complement to the Olympics.  I've done this tag before way back in 2016 (8 whole years ago!!) and if you'd like to check it out you can see it here.  Without further ado, on to the tag:


Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 (Witch Hat Atelier #1) by Kamome Shirahama - This book was absolutely perfect and I need to read the rest of the series asap.


The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan - If this isn't a road trip book, I don't know what is!


Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust - Love triangles really aren't my thing, but the one here was done pretty well.  I honestly feel like I don't talk about how much I enjoyed this.


Jade City (The Green Bone Saga #1) by Fonda Lee - This is so rich and dripping with culture - it makes the city at the heart of the story feel real.


Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks - I do not get how this is considered a classic at all.  I also don't get how anyone could believe this was written by a real 15 year old either.  It actually kind of reminded me of Reefer Madness, if that tells you anything!


The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding - This was a pretty great YA contemporary about first love and it's quite summery.


The Princess Bride by William Goldman - After all, it does have everything from "fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles..." 


One Perfect Couple by Ruth Ware - I've really loved everything from this author, but I think this is my favorite of hers and it's incredibly twisty.


How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix - This was just so creepy and atmospheric and it's my favorite from this author.  I can't recommend it enough!


Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro - Seriously, everyone needs to read this.  The 2010 movie adaptation is also pretty great.


Silver in the Wood (The Greenhollow Duology #1) by Emily Tesh - I just recently read this and was hooked that I immediately borrowed the second book from my library.  I absolutely need to read everything Emily Tesh has ever written.


First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera #6) by Jim Butcher - This was both epically long at 759 pages and an epic conclusion to an awesome series.

Branded by the Pink Triangle
by Ken Setterington - This is a very important piece of history that can't be skipped.


The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni #1) by Helene Wecker - If you're a fan of historical fantasy, you'll have to read this because the world-building and character development are excellent.  It's well worth sticking with!


Frog and Toad Are Friends (Frog and Toad #1) by Arnold Lobel - I love these characters so much - I'm even wearing a Frog and Toad t-shirt right now!


The Wild Robot (The Wild Robot #1) by Peter Brown - I absolutely loved this - and I can't wait for the movie adaptation too!


Holmes, Marple, & Poe (Holmes, Margaret, & Poe #1) by James Patterson and Brian Sitts - This sounded really cool and it started off pretty well, but was more of a let down more than anything as it went on.


The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien - There are so many friendships in this that are the ultimate for me.



The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession and the Amazon by David Grann 




Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas - I loved the whole book and it really stuck the ending.


Michigan vs. the Boys by Carrie S. Allen - I don't often read sports books, but this YA novel about ice hockey was a pleasant surprise.

One for All by Lillie Lainoff - This YA historical fantasy retelling of The Three Musketeers is a recent favorite.  Obviously, it features fencing.

Rez Ball by Byron Graves - I'm not a sports person, but I found myself quite invested in this YA contemporary story about basketball.  It's the author's debut and I'm looking forward to what he does next.


And, that's it for me!  Have you read any of these books?  Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to participate!  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This is such a fun tag, I may do it too😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag, The Princess Bride is the perfect pick for that category

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw yay thank you SO much for joining! Next time, I may post a link up so people can visit each other's posts, and I may change out a few, do some new ones (I have a few in mind after watching this year's Olympics!!) so it'll be fresh in 2028!

    Can you believe I have only read ONE of these? A ton are on my TBR of course, but nope, just one! (One For All, which I adored!) But now I know a few I need to push further up to the top, like Rez Ball, Lost in the Never Woods, and How To Sell a Haunted House!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked One for All! And I hope you love the rest too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies