Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

  

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Planes, Trains & Automobiles.  All the books on my list today feature modes of transportation on the cover in one way or another.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

Alice Isn't Dead by Joseph Fink - The podcast is one of my all time favorite and this novel was pretty great too.  I liked that it kind of goes a different route with the story.  I definitely recommend the audiobook production since Jasika Nicole (the lead character of the podcast) came back for it.

Christine by Stephen King - This classic is still at the top of my favorite Stephen King books!

Five Survive by Holly Jackson - If you're looking for a standalone YA thriller, this is a great one!

Full Throttle by Joe Hill - There are a lot of great short stories in this with a talented voice cast behind the audiobook production.  Plus, I was totally sold by the Duel reference in the introduction.

Geekerella (Once Upon a Con #1) by Ashley Poston - This Cinderella retelling was cute as heck and definitely very geeky.

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig - I loved just how optimistic this story was.

One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston - This is easily my favorite from this author so far.

Raising Steam (Discworld #40) by Terry Pratchett - I love this series so much and Moist is one of my favorite characters.  While this is probably the weakest of his trilogy, it's still a lot of fun.

Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse - This series opener is an all time favorite and I really hope we'll get to see more of the characters again in the future.

The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower #3) by Stephen King - I know, I've only read the first five of this series and I have to get back to it asap, but this is one of my favorites of it so far anyway.


Have you read any of these books? What are some of your favorite books featuring transportation on the cover? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. These look good. I loved The Midnight Library.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/13/top-ten-tuesday-books-featuring-travel/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That was a cover where I didn't catch the planes on it for awhile. 😄

      Delete
  2. From your list I've read The Midnight Library and Geekerella. I'm too much of a scaredy cat to read any of the Stephen King books, but I did watch the adaptation of Christine several years ago. Thankfully, it was in the middle of the day so I could distract myself.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/leaving-on-a-jet-plane-book-covers-with-planes/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Raising Steam this week! It was a nice way to rap up most of the Ankh-Morpork storylines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I loved the Dark Towers series!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read One Last Stop and The Midnight Library from your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Midnight Library sounds interesting! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love One Last Stop and Geekerella. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/08/13/top-ten-tuesday-books-series-or-authors-that-lived-up-to-the-hype/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting, I wouldn't describe The Midnight Library as optimistic necessarily. That's some food for thought for me. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/best-reads-of-2024-so-far/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think of it that might not be quite the right word for it. Oh well 😌

      Delete
  9. I love that you feature Stephen King! I completely forgot about Christine, but of course! Great list!

    Haze
    https://thebookhaze.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christine is one of the few Stephen King books I haven't read. I'll get to it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never really thought of the Midnight Library's travel factor on actual travel modes but now that I look at the cover... Good examples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the same for me, but same thing when I really looked at that cover.

      Delete
  12. Geekrella is so cute, The trilogy reminds me of when I went to comic con with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine almost made my list too, but I didn't want to feature more than one book by King (I had also eyed the train on The Wastelands!) Have a wonderful week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing but I couldn't help but pick two from him!

      Delete
  14. I love that we both chose Trail of Lightning and Christine😁

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice list! I've only read CHRISTINE, but it was a really long time ago. I'm too wimpy for Stephen King these days :)

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great list! How did I not think of Christine when making this list?? I'm probably about due for a reread of that one, and I need to get back to the Dark Tower series. I've also been meaning to read Trail of Lightning, so I'm glad to hear how much you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows