Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

   

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is a Relationship Freebie.  I was thinking about doing a list of characters I'd like to be best friends with, but I thought I do something different and feature characters I know be my archenemies (or at least just be really irritating to me if I ever met them in real life).  There are a couple of pairs since I couldn't separate them.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by character name:

Daisy and Tom Buchanan from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

Dorian Gray from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Heathcliff and Catherine Earnshaw from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Count Olaf from The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events #1) by Lemony Snicket

Edward Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Charlie Bucket #1) by  Roald Dahl

George Warleggan from Ross Poldark (The Poldark Saga #1) by Winston Graham


Have you read any of these books?  What fictional characters would be your archenemies in real life?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This is fun and clever. :) I haven't read the book, but feel like I'd have issues with Daisy as well plus same could go for George and the Count, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a few of these, but so long ago that I don't remember them. But I must say, I love your spin on this week's topic.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/characters-with-jobs-i-would-love-to-have/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this as a topic! I often really love characters who I'd hate in real life - they make the story so interesting! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile! There are some truly irritating characters here. I especially can't stand the Buchanans. I despise THE GREAT GATSBY. LOL

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, very original. Agree with you, they are the worst, but Veruca Salt is particularly annoying

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love this idea!! Heathcliff and Catherine for sure. That book makes me crazy! Ugh and Count Olaf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer the book as horror rather than romance in anyway. 😊

      Delete
  7. I love this list and the pictures! I've seen some of them on TV and read a couple of books.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/20/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-characters-that-i-enjoyed-reading-about/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a fun topic. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/08/20/top-ten-tuesday-11-favorite-books-with-romance-ive-read-this-year/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I somehow read Wuthering Heights before any of my English teachers made me read it. Once it did come up in class, I couldn't remember much but I also couldn't bring myself to re-read it. They're such terrible people! It's the only book I ever read Cliffs Notes for. I still stand by that decision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I read it in a college level Gothic Horror class - that definitely helped me with it. 😊

      Delete
  10. Great list! I just recently read Ross Poldark and am looking forward to continuing the series. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The whole series is pretty amazing so I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  11. Veruca Salt is a good one! Fun idea for a list😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I can totally understand why you chose these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, interesting take on the theme! I hadn't thought about that idea...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows