Skip to main content

2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #7

 

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to my seventh 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!   In July, I completed 3 books for a total of 38 so far this year out of 50 books.  12 to go!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in July:

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
 In the Heat of the Night (Virgil Tibbs #1) by John Ball is a very well done mystery.  Of all of the characters in the novel, Virgil Tibbs is easily the most compelling by far.  That said, this is a case where I'd argue that the movie adaptation is better.  You can't go wrong with Sidney Poitier. This book is well done, but I think I prefer the movie adaptation with Sidney Poitier.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Silver in the Wood (The Greehollow Duology #1) by Emily Tesh is a new to me favorite.  I absolutely loved this and I wish it were longer to stay with the characters for a little longer.  I need to read the second half of this duology asap!

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Ubik by Philip K. Dick is so weird and unsettling - in the best of ways.  I would love more and I wouldn't mind seeing this adapted to the screen as well.  I need to read more from the author.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies