Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Autumn Equinox 2024 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's now that time to start my Autumn Equinox 2024 classes at Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, completed the Spring Equinox 2022 and August Equinox 2022, visited Old Favour Pass in 2022, completed the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2023, completed the Spring Equinox 2023 and Autumn Equinox 2023, visited Old Favour Pass in 2023, and completed the Spring Equinox 2024.  I've also been working on the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2024 as well.  Anyway, this time around the Autumn Equinox semester runs all of September.  I've decided to continue studying for the Calling of a Scribe as I have during my previous studies.  That means I'll be taking four courses: Elemental Studies, Inscription, Restoration, and Lore.  To complete each course, I'll need to earn an O in Elemental Studies, a D in Inscription, an O in Restoration, and a Q in Lore for a grand total of seven books to read.  Keep reading to see what I plan on reading to complete my course of study for this semester:

Elemental Studies

O - Gust of Longing: Your favorite scent in the title/ cover/ author name

My choice: The Library of the Dead (Edinburgh Nights #1) by T.L. Huchu - I'm also reading this for my own little Spell It Out Reading Challenge this year.

Inscription 

O - Art of Decipher: Title has all the letters of your first name

My choice: Can't Spell Treason Without Tea (Tomes & Tea #1) by Rebecca Thorne - As my name is Lauren, it was a bit tricky to find a book with that particular combination of letters.  Anyway, I can't wait to try this one!

Q - Ink Pigmentation: Color wheel for title color

My choice: Red Country (First Law World #6) by Joe Abercrombie - I spun red an the color wheel, so I think I really lucked out.

D - Credit Etiquette: Book by an author mentioned in a recent five star read

My choice: The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan - Obviously, Rick Riordan's mentioned in the acknowledgments of Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Sal and Gabi #1) by Carlos Hernandez.  I can't believe I've been putting this off for so long but I just don't want it to end. 

Restoration 

O - Night Dew: Night sky on the cover

My choice: Catching Stars by Cayla Keenan - This standalone YA fantasy sounds like it could be fun.

Lore

O - Iltyrian History: Vampire Book

My choice: Blood Lines (Victoria Nelson's Blood Investigations #3) by Tanya Huff - I've really enjoyed this urban fantasy series so far and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.

Q - Regional Interpretation: Translated book

My choice: The Pyramid: The First Wallander Cases (Kurt Wallander #9) by Henning Mankell - I'm glad I've gotten back into this series recently and it'll be interesting to see a younger version of the character.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  Which one should I start with?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to read The Library of the Dead, I hope you love it😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Library of the Dead sitting on my shelves - maybe I'll get to it this spooky season... Hope you enjoy it and the rest of these books. Best of luck with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies