Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Favorite Books From Ten Series

 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Ten Favorite Books From Ten Series.  I read a lot of series and I'll share my favorite installments from some of my all time favorites.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order:

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - Cress and Thorne really steal the show out from everyone else in this series for me. 

Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J. Maas - All seven books are pretty awesome, but I really appreciated seeing Aelin and company come into their own here.

Going Postal (Discworld #33) by Terry Pratchett - I haven't read all of this series so far, but Moist von Lipwig's books are just so much fun and top my list.

Grave Importance (Dr. Greta Helsing #3) by Vivian Shaw - This author's combination of classic gothic horror and modern urban fantasy.  If you're a fan of Good Omens and Supernatural, I have a feeling this will be right up your alley too.

Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles #6) by Kevin Hearne - Atticus, Granuaile, and Oberon make a great team - and I loved that we started to get Granuaile's perspective in this installment too.

The Isle of Blood (The Monstrumologist #3) by Rick Yancey - Yancey is more well known for The 5th Wave series, but I personally prefer this four book series instead.  It definitely deserves al the love and if you enjoy YA horror, you'll absolutely need to pick i up.

Lair of Dreams (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray - I love this whole series, but Ling is my favorite character from the series and her introduction here in this novel is pretty awesome.  Plus, her relationship with Henry is really cool.

Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard #2) by Scott Lynch - The whole series has been awesome so far.  It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'd say this one takes the cake.  Locke and Jean are some all time favorites and I loved getting to explore more of their world.

Titanshade (The Carter Archives #1)  by Dan Stout - This 1970s tinged noir fantasy series from a local Ohio author is great, but I'd still rank the first book as my favorite.  Plus, check out that cover!  I can't recommend it enough.  I hope we'll get to see more of these characters in the future.

Vicious (Villains #1) by V.E. Schwab - I know I usually talk about this author's Shades of Magic which I absolutely adore, but I thought I'd mention this from her as well.  Both installments are great, but the series opener really sets the tone.  Victor and Eli are a couple of favorite characters as well.  


Have you read any of these books? What are some of your favorite books from your favorite series? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I need to read that Sarah J Maas series.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/06/top-ten-tuesday-last-ten-series-ive-read/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all the books in the Lunar Chronicles series, but CRESS definitely stands out from the others. It has some very memorable characters!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going Postal is a great place to get started with Discworld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed mt read of the TOG series. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/08/06/top-ten-tuesday-ten-favorite-books-from-series/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day I'd like to reread the whole series. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. I love Lair of Dreams, I haven't finished the series, but the first one was my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband keeps hoping I pick up a Terry Pratchett book, as that's one of his favorite authors.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/first-books-in-ten-favorite-series/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with Titanshade and Vicious! And I heard a rumor that Dan Stout might have a new book on the horizon😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't really remember which of the Lunar Chronicles books was my favorite, but I do remember loving Cress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! Cress, Empire of Storms, and Red Seas Over Red Skies are all amazing reads, and I've only just discovered the joy that is the Vivian Shaw series you listed. Looks like I'm going to have to check out a bunch of the others, since we seem to have a lot of overlap in reading tastes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've started in on Vivian Shaw! :D Enjoy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows