Skip to main content

Dead Things (Eric Carter #1) by Stephen Blackmoore - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

Eric Carter is a necromancer and he's turned his ability to see ghosts and talk to the dead into a career. When he left L.A. fifteen years ago, he never thought he'd go back - too many bad memories and too many people trying to kill him. Now, he has no choice but to return after his sister was brutally murdered. Carter is going to find out who did it and why and then he's going to make them pay.

If you like your urban fantasy on the dark and gritty side, Dead Things is for you. Eric Carter is not the kind of character I would traditionally imagine when someone says necromancer, but this definitely works to the story's advantage and gives it a refreshing boost. Carter embraces who he is, flaws and bad decisions and all.

Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore is a great beginning to a new urban fantasy series. And, the cover art has been done by Chris McGrath who is one of my favorites in the business. If you like John Constantine, you may like to meet Eric Carter. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in this series, Broken Souls.


I read this book from August 4 - 8, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early