Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Timebound by Rysa Walker


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I'm also taking part in Book Beginnings, a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader.  The rules are pretty simple - you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires.  Don't forget to link up your post's url with Rose City Reader.




This week I'm spotlighting my current read, Timebound by Rysa Walker.  I'm really excited about it because it features one of my favorite things: time travel!  I'm not very far into it yet, but I'm enjoying every second of it.  Have I mentioned how much I like time travel?  



Book Beginning:

Prologue
Chicago - October 1893

The heel of my white kidskin boot ripped a six-inch gash in the hem of my skirt as I whipped around the corner.  Behind me, the footsteps halted for just an instant, and then continued, faster than before.  I ducked into the next corridor, silently cursing the gods of 1890s fashion.  Had I been in my usual shorts and T-shirt, I would have been out of this wretched hotel long ago.  A solid kick to the head would have rendered the good doctor unconscious and the side of my neck wouldn't be screaming in agony.

56:

 We only had the one car--so following them was out of the question.  If it had been a decade later, we would have had cell phones.  I could have called and told them to come right back so that I could take the damned thing away from her.

Comments

  1. I haven't read many books that feature time travel, but this sounds like a fascinating story. The prologue definitely gets right into the action! Sounds like fun.
    My Friday post features Key to Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is. Walker's not wasting any time! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any time travel books, other than the one by Stephen King (11/22/63), which was great. Yours sounds interesting, so I'll be watching for your review. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 11/22/63 was fantastic and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a really fun book I think I will look for it.

    My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty cover, I have only tried a couple time travel books so I should try another. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so cool. Yes, you should! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  5. I'm always really hesitant about time travel because I feel like often it doesn't work. However, these teasers sound really fun! I love the fact that the narrator is actively sad about missing the modern things. And the cover does look great! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the Stephen King book too, plus a few others on time travel. Hope you are enjoying this one.

    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Action right out of the gate! I like that. I don't read much time travel but should change that. This sounds thrilling.

    Here's my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/08/21/the-friday-56-74-the-inescapable/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walker's not wasting any time! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. This sounds interesting but I'm not a big fan of time travel. I have trouble with the logic of it. My Friday memes this week come from What Angels Fear by C. S. Harris which has been on my TBR mountain for years. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, first I posted the wrong link then I deleted my own comment! I'm an idiot! I meant to say that this sounds like a great read - I ordered it for my sister and this definitely sounds like something she will enjoy!
      http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/friday-reads-and-friday-56-with-book.html

      Delete
    2. Don't worry about it. :) I hope she enjoys it and thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  10. I'm not a big time travel fan but this sounds really fun! I can't imagine having to deal with 1890s fashion in a pursuit situation - or life without a cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good book. I hope you are enjoying it. I know I did.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I definitely need this! It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it is pretty great! I hope you get to check it out.

      Delete
  13. Timebound sounds like a good read. I will have to add it to my TBR list. I look forward to reading your review as well. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read a few time travel books. Sounds good! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Say what you will, cell phones can be a blessing in disguise. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time traveling book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Bill & Ted graphic... lol... sounds like an interesting time travel story. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with Bill & Ted! :) Thanks - I hope you have a great one!

      Delete
  17. Hahahaha, you gif made me LOL. I love time travel books! just never know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early