Skip to main content

One Lovely Blog Award, Pt. 2


Thanks very much to Emily @ Emily Etc. for nominating me for my second One Lovely Blog Award!  If you haven't checked out her blog, be sure to do so because it's great and she is a fantastic person.

The Rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. List rules and display award button.
3. Give seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers and make sure to notify them.
5. Display the award button on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.

I'm say this right up front - I'm going to break rule number four.  I've already done this award and I believe I'm just going to list seven random facts about myself this time.

1.  My favorite event held at the fair is the rough truck contest - the goal for the drivers is to get around the track the fastest (and have the biggest jump at the end), but I prefer the ones who put on the best show.  For example, no one expected this F-150 Lincoln!



2. I recently discovered the glam rock song called"The Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet and I can't stop listening to it!



3. My favorite soda is Sprite - probably a good thing that it's caffeine free.

4.  In my opinion, the best Nicholas Cage movie is Raising Arizona.  It's one of my favorite comedies - I can't help but laugh every time I watch it.



5. Every now and then, I'm treated to a "private" airshow.  There's a person near me who is a stunt biplane pilot and they usually practice really close to where I live and it is always awesome!

6. The last time I was thrown off at work was five days ago when a customer asked me what the seven primary colors are.  I had to break the news to her that there are only three: red, yellow, and blue.

7. I hope that the characters Saibra and Psi from "Time Heist", the fifth episode from the eighth season of Doctor Who, will reappear in future episodes!


Comments

  1. I nominated you for another award, the Blogger Recognition Award! More info here: http://www.zedamadeo.com/blog/blogger-recognition-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just realised that I never read this after you gave me the link! I'm so sorry!

    Fact #6 made me laugh .... I guess she meant the colours of the rainbow? XD But I have to ask, what do you work as??

    Private airshow sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! You're here now, right? :)

      I actually have two jobs - I'm a librarian (really helps me feed my addiction to reading) and, in the case of fact six, I also work in the paint department of a hardware store. So, Librarian by day, paint mixer by night - strange combination, but I like it! :D

      The air show is great - I haven't seen him as much as I'd like lately. Last time, he actually was doing loops and barrel rolls with smoke!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early