Skip to main content

Music Monday: Brick + Mortar


Happy Monday everyone and welcome to my second Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately! If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

 Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

 Finally, have fun sharing and discovering new to you music!

This week I'm spotlighting two songs that I had never heard before until this past Thursday, but they both caught my attention right off.

"Train" by Brick + Mortar (2015)- This one's just really catchy and the percussion makes it move.  I made sure to remember it so I could look it up later.  The music video is pretty imaginative.  I like how they recreate several romantic movie scenes - how many can you recognize?



"Black Slacks" by Joe Bennett and the Sparkletones (1957) - Black Slacks is really ridiculous and funny, but in a great way.  I have no idea how this novelty charted for four months and peaked at number seventeen on the Billboard Top 100.  Paul Anka even sang some back up vocals for it (he happened to be at the same time it was being recorded).  I'm sharing a live performance version (not sure why they're not wearing the clothing they're describing), but you can listen to the full-length single here.  If you like Buddy Holly or the Everly Brothers, you'll probably like Joe Bennett and the Sparkletones.




Comments

  1. I've never heard of Brick + Mortar but that song is really good! I don't know how I haven't heard of them before! I'm with you on the music video: how they recreated all of those scenes is so cool! I'll have to check out more of their videos!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is really the only song of theirs that I'm familiar with, but I definitely want to hear more too. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early