Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Author Duos I'd Love To See Write A Book Together


Happy Tuesday!  This week's theme for Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Author Duos I'd Love To See Write A Book Together.  This is sure to be an interesting one.  I'm pairing authors together that are currently living, except for my bonus choice.  My list is in alphabetical order by last name of the first author of the pairing, and I'm including a photo of a book from each that has inspired the team up.  Here we go!




Jim Butcher and Kevin Hearne - How awesome with this team up be?!



Gillian Flynn and Paula Hawkins - You could expect lots of unreliable narrators and mind-bending twists!



Stephen King and John Ajvide Lindqvist - I'm already having nightmares about their potential work together...



Marissa Meyer and Anne Ursu - I can imagine a great fairy tale retelling that puts a whole new spin on a familiar story.



Rainbow Rowell and Adi Alsaid - Sounds like a winning Contemporary YA combination to me.



Darren Shan and Jonathan Maberry - This could be a great shiver inducing author pair up.



Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor - I'm kind of disappointed that this hasn't already happened.



Sabaa Tahir and Eleanor Herman - These two skilled storytellers would put the epic in epic fantasy.



Rob Thurman and Stephen Blackmoore - I would read any urban fantasy they would care to write in a heart beat.



Scott Westerfeld and Gail Carriger - Even though these two have written different types of steampunk set in different eras, I would love to see what kind of steampunk they could come up with if they put their heads together!

Bonus:




Henning Mankell and Stieg Larsson - Both of these authors have since passed away (RIP Henning Mankell, October 5th, 2015), but I would have loved to have seen them collaborate.  KurtWallander and Anne-Britt Hoglund, and Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist - I have no idea how that would have worked, but still I would have paid to have seen it.


What do you think of my list this week?  Would you want to read any of these pair ups?  What authors do you want to see work together?

Comments

  1. I think I did my list wrong, I did 5 pairs of authors instead of 10 pairs. But then again I only remembered it was Monday night like.. 30 minuets ago. Ha.
    I like your list, but admittedly I haven't read most of these authors. But something just occurred to me. What if Jim Butcher and Brandon Sanderson wrote a book together? (not on my list but now I wish it was)

    MY TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read Brandon Sanderson. Oh well. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. It's been fun seeing which authors other bloggers are pairing up!! Nice list of authors you've selected.

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-author-duos.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I would like to see what Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor could come up with together. I bet it would be quite amazing! Happy Reading!
    Please see mine if you would like,http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/10/authors-il-love-to-see-write-book.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have quite a few great pairings. I want a Stephen King/Joe Hill duo but the one you came up with is awesome as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even consider that one...jeez! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness, can you imagine how intense a Flynn/Hawkins pairing would be??? My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally see Maggie Stiefvater and Laini Taylor writing a book together! I haven't read anything by Darren Shan, but since you paired him with Jonathan Maberry, I'll have to check him out. Great list, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I really like Rainbow Rowell with Adi Alsaid. I don't know if I would have ever thought of that, but I really really like it! I haven't read The Girl on the Train yet, but since it's always being compared to Gone Girl, it sounds like those 2 authors would make an awesome messed up book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be an interesting combination.

      It sure would make an interesting combo! :)

      Delete
  8. You have some really great pairs!
    I totally ship Maggie S and Laini Taylor!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim Butcher and Kevin Hearne would make a great pair! I would love to see what they'd come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas - I especially love the Gillian Flynn and Paula Hawkins duo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices! I'd love a Rowell/Alsaid book:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier! You're right, Stiefvater/Taylor could probably produce a really excellent book!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg Tahir and Herman would be PERFECT together!! I just finished reading Legacy of Kings and I was totally thinking, "Oh this is a little bit like Ember in the Ashes". xD SO YES. Totally in agreement on that one!!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see what they could come up with. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  14. I haven't read both authors in each pairing but those are some great combinations. We would certainly be in for some treats.

    Dreams @ Once Upon A Dream Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh ohhh ohhh!! Laini and Maggie!! Also Jim and Kevin is an interesting one. I would really enjoy that! I forgot how much I loved both those books!
    <3 Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scott Westerfeld and Gail Carriger is a great one! How did I not think of that?! Great list. Thanks for stopping by my page
    - Meredith @ unopened letter to the world

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early