Skip to main content

Hostile Takeover (John Lago #2) by Shane Kuhn - Review


❋ ❋ ❋  

Instead of putting a bullet in his nemesis Alice, John Lago puts a ring on her finger and marries her. Then, the newly weds execute a hostile takeover of HR, Inc. and they are quite successful until conflicting managements styles cause a horrible breakup. But when Alice takes on a new HR target, John has to play a part he never thought he would have to go back to: the intern. What begins as a deadly showdown becomes the two of them fighting side-by-side to save HR, Inc. - and their marriage.

Hostile Takeover by Shane Kuhn is an exciting sequel to The Intern's Handbook. It has a fantastic sense of dark humor and it's action-packed. I nearly couldn't turn the pages quickly enough to see what was just around the corner for John and Alice. This one picks up almost immediately from where the first left off and it doesn't waste any time getting up to a breakneck pace. The twists and the turns are so much fun to follow and I like seeing how John and Alice work as a team, since we've seen them at each others throats. I'm really looking forward to the next installment of this series, Shoot the Messenger! If you liked Kingsman: The Secret Service, The Office, and Dexter, I think you'll want to meet John Lago.


I read this novel from October 8 - 9, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early