Skip to main content

Music Monday: Declan McKenna



Music has always been a passion.  Of course, it's never meant quite as much to me as books and reading, but it's a topic I've always been interested in.  I've also been wanting to dedicate a weekly post to music for awhile.  So why not now?

I think it would be cool to create a link up for bloggers to share their interests in music, since there don't seem to be many weekly memes out there in the book blogging community about music.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

 Finally, have fun sharing and discovering new to you music!


This week I'm spotlighting two songs both of which I've heard via my free trial of SiriusXM Radio.  I have pretty eclectic music tastes - my favorite genres are alt rock, big band swing, and bluegrass, if that tells you anything.

"Brazil" by Declan McKenna - I was pretty much hooked immediately from the moment it started.  It's great to hear something different starting to make a breakthrough.  Mr. McKenna is immensely talented.  Imagine my surprise when I realized he's only sixteen.



"Dipsy Doodle" by Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra with Edythe Wright - This song is completely different, but I can't resist brassy tones of Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra plus it's a fun little novelty song featuring a good leading vocalist.







Comments

  1. ooh, I really like this idea. :) I've been wanting to blog a bit more about music also, so this would be a fun way to do that! I will add my blog to the link up. Cool music choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thanks so much for taking part! I'm looking forward to seeing your picks.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to hearing your picks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early