Skip to main content

The Liebster Award, Pt. 11


Thanks very much for nominating me for The Liebster Award, Genni! I can't believe this is my 11th nomination...wow, thanks everyone!  If you haven't checked out Genni's blog @ Ready, Set, Read!, you're really missing out - you need to check out her little space on the internet.  This time I believe I'll just be sharing my answers to the questions that Genni has set to me. Let's get started:

1) What is your favorite book of the year so far?


A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V.E. Schwab - A perfect series ender!

2) If you could un-read a book, what would it be?


Probably Fallen by Lauren Kate - and I only read the first couple of chapters!

3) If you could read a book again like it was the first time, what would it be?


The entire Harry Potter series - no doubt about it!

4) What advice would you give to a blogger who just started off?

Read what you enjoy and post about what you are interested in.

5) Shout out some of your favorite bloggers!

Tammy @ Book, Bones & Buffy
Emily @ Ink, Inc.
Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
Sam @ Tsundoku

6) Dream cast the book you answered for number 1!

This is so difficult!  Okay, how about this:


Lila - Brianna Hidebrand (Negasonic Teenage Warhead from Deadpool)


Kell - Cameron Monaghan (Jerome from Gotham)


Rhy - Avan Jogia (Beck from Victorious)


Alucard - Rahul Kohli (Ravi from iZombie)

7) What is your favorite classic or a classic that you want to read right away?

One of these days I will read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley - I can't believe I've missed it!

8) What do you prefer: e-books, audiobooks, hardcover, or paperback?

Hardcover, but if only they weren't so expensive.

9) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?

J.K. Rowling - see answer to question 3!

10) What has been the best movie you have seen all year?


In the theater?  I loved having the opportunity to see both Wonder Woman and Baby Driver!  I highly recommend them!

11) And lastly (and possible most importantly).... dogs or cats?


Cats - just look how cute Finn is in this photo!


Again, thanks so much for the nomination, Genni!

Comments

  1. Great answers Lauren! I would agree with you - Baby Driver has been my favorite movie I've seen in theaters this year. That and maybe Colossal with Anne Hathaway! I would for sure un-read Fallen as well! I'm more of a dog person, but if I had a cat as cute as Finn I might be a cat person too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, Genni! :)

      Baby Driver's just plain epic. I'll have to look for Colossal for sure. I love dogs myself, but sometimes Finn is just too cute for his own good!

      Delete
  2. So fun! Alicia is an AWESOME book blogger, and I always enjoy visiting her bookish space. (Also the fact that she's one of the bloggers who put together this comment challenge is fun - definitely a fun thing for her to organize/co-host.)

    Really enjoyed Wonder Woman though I've not seen Baby Driver. Still the cast looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she really is! :) A lot of work must go into making sure this goes off without a hitch!

      The cast of Baby Driver does an awesome job - I hope you'll like it when you get to see it!

      Delete
  3. Sorry, I'm dogs all the way as all our neighbours cats use our garden as a personal toilet and it disgusts me! I'd have JK Rowling as one of my desert island box sets! I never get tired of Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tortured myself reading three of the four books in Fallen... nothing happens, seriously. In three books, the plot still hadn't moved forward. Honestly, that series is worse than Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being awarded for an 11th time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing such good things about Schwab's books! I need to read them.

    Nice answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! You really should try her books out! :)

      Delete
  7. Sooo keen to see Baby Driver! Also, when I finally read ADSoM, you will be the first to know because it will practically feel like a personal favour! XD

    Also, Brave New World is really good.

    Also, I've forgotten how to start sentences with words other than "also" ... who needs to?!

    Also, THANK YOU FOR THE SHOUT-OUT YOU LOVELY PERSON!

    Also, your love for HP really makes my day every time. I just went on two consecutive blogs, where one of them was like "yeah HP is OK but I got issues eg Ron" (RON?? RON???? WHO COULD NOT BE IN LOVE WITH RON????) and another rated the series 4-stars overall and basically I just always need that validation from fellow obsessees!

    *ahem*

    Thank you and goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for coming over, Emily! I would love to know what you think of ADSoM - I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! :)

      Just ok?! *Gasp* Or, people who are "over" it - I doubt that will ever be me... XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early