Skip to main content

Music Monday: Favorite Disney Villain Songs, Pt. 1


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm sharing two of my favorite Disney villain songs - "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog (2009) & "Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996).  "Friends on the Other Side" is easily my favorite song from The Princess and the Frog and - Keith David, as Dr. Facilier, has great voice.  As for "Hellfire", this is probably the darkest song of all Disney songs and it used to scare the crap out of me when I first saw it as a seven year old.  Also, this is the song that makes me think Disney would do a decent job with Les Miz.





Comments

  1. These are great songs. I haven't listened to them in a while, so thanks for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellfire, one of my favorite Disney songs ever. Its fantastic and yeah it's pretty dark and scary for Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I absolutely love Hellfire! It's pretty fun to sing to, even though the lyrics are quite sinister! I think one of my favorites has to be Mother Knows Best (the reprise) from Tangled. Rapunzel's mother is downright creepy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I also nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog here! I know you've done it a couple times now though, but I thought I'd nominate you anyways. :)

      Delete
    2. I was so close to adding Mother Knows Best to my choices - there are just so many great villain songs that it was hard to choose!

      Thanks for the nomination, Genni!

      Delete
  4. Nice choices!! I just love Disney songs 😀!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't see 'Princess and the Frog' despite all the good things I've heard about it, and it's been YEARS since I saw 'Notre Dame.' But seeing one of its songs here makes me want to revisit it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early