Skip to main content

Mid-Year Book Freak Out 2017

Last month I was tagged by Ann & Clare @ Dual Reads to complete the Mid-Year Book Freak Out of 2017 and I'm finally getting around to it! By the way, this tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildFire and Ely Jayne.  Without further ado, let's get on to the tag:


1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017

I can't narrow it down to just one, so here's my Top Ten Tuesday post from June 27th all about this topic!

2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2017



I can't decide between A Gathering of Shadows and A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab!

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet But Want To


Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices #2) by Cassandra Clare - I'm still waiting on my library hold on the audiobook to come in!

4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2017


So many great sounding books are being released later this year, but I'm dying for All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater to hit the shelves!

5. Biggest Disappointment


Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza - This was one of my most anticipated reads, but unfortuantely I couldn't get into it at all and I ended up DNF'ing it an eighth of the way through the audiobook.

6. Biggest Surprise


The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann - I don't read a lot of nonfiction, but this one grabbed me and didn't let go! I'm glad I read it for Book Riot's 2017 Read Harder Challenge.

7. Favorite New Author





I've read so many good new-to-me authors this year, but I'd say it's a toss up between Angie Thomas, Elise Kova, Andrew Shvarts, and M.H. Boroson!

8. Newest Fictional Crush

I'm pretty bad at this stuff... I don't have a new one.

9. Newest Favorite Character


Li-Lin from The Girl with Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson easily!

10. Book That Made You Cry


Half Lost by Sally Green - I definitely got more than a little misty-eyed at that finale!

11. Book That Made You Happy


The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan - This counts since I finished it on January 1st!

12. Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation You've Seen So Far in 2017


Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 - Such a fun sequel!

13. Favorite Review You've Written So Far in 2017



I can't decide between my reviews of My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows and A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly!

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought So Far This Year


A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab - It's just beautiful, isn't it!

15. What Books Do You NEED To Read By The End of The Year



The Dire King by William Ritter and Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine - I don't think I can express just how much I need these in my life!


And that's it!  Thanks for making it this far!  I'm not sure who hasn't already done this, but feel free to tag yourself if you want to join in!

Comments

  1. I was caught by surprise by The Lost City of Z, too. I went and saw the movie a month or so ago and it wasn't bad, just not as good, as per usual. I loved My Lad Jane, too. What a funny book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to see the movie! I didn't expect it to be as great, but it still looks promising. Thanks for visiting, Anne!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I still haven't read A Conjuring of Light...and it's sitting here waiting for me! Im very excited about All the Crooked Saints as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Lady Jane is on my list to read this month so hopefully it lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a lot of fun! Hopefully you will too! :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I haven't read any of the books you listed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stormi! You've got a good place to start, then. :)

      Delete
  5. I NEED to read the Jacakby books they look so interesting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! You so do! Let me know what you think of Jackaby!

      Delete
  6. I have this tag in my drafts and had so much fun putting it together. I picked Angie Thomas as my favorite new author as well. I can't wait to see what she writes next. I love the Shades of Magic covers so much. I wouldn't mind a big post of A Darker Shade of Magic's cover. Great answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! I've noticed Thomas showing up on so many of these tags and I 100% see why! Honestly, I wouldn't mind full size art prints or giant posters of the Shades of Magic covers! :)

      Delete
  7. Fun tag! I still need to read My Lady Jane *clicks link to read your review* and I forgot that at one time, All the Crooked Saints interested me. I haven't read about it lately though so I have since forgotten what its all about. :)

    Also, the cover for Williams next 'Jackaby' novel (another series I absolutely MUST read) looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then Schwab books are supposed to be so good, and I've never read 'em. Sorry to hear Empress was a DNF... I was wondering about that one.

    The Lost City of Z sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems like a lot of people were disappointed with Empress of a Thousand Skies! I haven't gotten around to it, and I honestly don't know if I want to give it a try anymore. I have to read A Gathering of Shadows! It's been a while since I read the first book, and I don't want to forget anything. I'm hoping to start The Dark Artifices this year; I'm almost caught up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it, I hope you'll like it more than I did, Genni. Yes, you need A Gathering of Shadows and A Conjuring of Light in your life! :)

      Delete
  10. So, question. When I finish Heroes of Olympus, should I read the Kane Chronicles or Magnus Chase?

    Rick Riordan makes me so happy!

    /brutally rips my heart on occasion, that too ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early