Saturday, September 9, 2017

Strange Medicine by Mike Russell - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

I received a free paperback copy from Strange Books in exchange for an honest review. 

This collection of eight short stories is certainly weird and wonderful like it says on the back cover. My favorites include "Flock", "Mime", "Mr Dennis and the Universe", and "Brain". For all of these stories, I would love to know more about the characters and the world they inhabit, particularly "Mime". All of the shorts featured in this anthology are very unique, creative, and well-written - and progressively bizarre and surreal with the perfect dash of absurdity.

While Strange Medicine isn't my usual reading choice, it still comes with a high recommendation from me. If you enjoyed Vampires in the Lemon Grove by Karen Russell, you may also be interested in Mike Russell's brand of short stories. I'm definitely looking forward to trying his other works, Nothing is Strange and Strungballs, in the future.

Thanks again for the free copy of Strange Medicine!


I read this anthology from September 8 - 9, 2017 and my review is also on Goodreads.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Mike Russell before, but Strange Medicine seems like a collection of stories I might be interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may enjoy it, Breana - if you get the chance to try it, I'd love to know what you think of it!

      Delete