Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Feature Characters With Red Hair


Happy Tuesday and welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!  This week's topic is Books That Feature Characters X.  This gives me a little a little freedom, so I've decided to share great characters with red hair.  Since I myself have red hair, I have to admit that I feel a bit of a thrill when I read about characters with the same mutation as me!  Her we go, in no particular order:


Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - Scarlet herself has flaming red locks.


City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare - Clary Fray, the main character of The Mortal Instruments, is a natural redhead.


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling - The entire Weasley clan has red hair!


Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor herself has curly red hair.


These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - As you can see on the cover, Lilac has brilliant red hair.


Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark - Jonathan has red hair (but unfortunately he doesn't in the excellent adaptation - Bertie Carvel still does a marvelous job in the role, though).


Across the Universe by Beth Revis - Amy has red hair, different from everyone else on the ship.




A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin - Sansa, Catelyn, and Robb (less so in the show) Stark all have auburn hair.


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Jamie has ginger locks.


Archie by Mark Waid and Fiona Staples - This classic redhead is given a modern new look in this reboot.


Have you ever tried any of these books?  Thanks as always for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. What a fun and fabulous way to spin this week's topic, Lauren. I have what I like to call faux "red" hair - really, more auburn, all thanks to a little box of L'Oreal color. ;)

    One of my favorite red-headed characters is Amy Pond from Doctor Who. She's got LOTS of sass!

    I did read Lilac's story once upon a time, but it's been so long since I read that I don't remember much... except that it's kind of Titanic... in space. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! :)

      Mine too! Amy - and Rory - are the best!

      It's definitely Titanic in space - for a bit anyway. I loved seeing her and Tarver coming back later in the series!

      Delete
  2. I was just thinking of redheads this weekend, because I feel like there are so many redheaded MCs in romances, yet they make up a small part of the population. I think red hair is awesome (mine is boring brown), but still. The first red head that popped into my head was Anne Shirley. She will always own a piece of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few in YA too. :) I was so close to adding her to my list!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun topic! I love red hair, I'm so jealous of people who have it. One of these days I'm going to get to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - I think it could be a good book to read over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is so good - I loved the audiobook production. :)

      Delete
  4. Red hair is becoming more and more common in books (especially in YA female protagonists) and I love it! I wish I had a more interesting-looking hair but mine is as plain as it gets 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it! :)

      Ah, well - thanks for coming over, Adri!

      Delete
  5. As soon as I saw your topic, I knew you'd have the Weasleys on here! My first book's MC has red hair actually (hopefully it will be published one day)!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/top-ten-tuesday-126/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't not include them! :D

      Good luck - and thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. Remember in 2012 when it was nothing but redheads on YA covers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has YA got over its obsession with redheads a little? Maybe. OK BUT LAUREN. I am FLABBERGASTED by your omission of one particular gentlemen. How could YOU OF ALL PEOPLE not mention ...

    Master Kell!!!!!

    !!!!!!!!!

    Nice shout-outs for the Weasleys and Scarlet, lots of love to all of them! I did not know Jonathan Strange had red hair. I really need to read that book ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it! I knew I was forgetting someone!!! Kell would have topped my list, if only I had remembered! *sigh*

      Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell is absolutely wonderful. I bet you'd enjoy it, Emily.

      Delete
  8. Awesome topic! I just loved Mark Waid's Archie series!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love that you call it a mutation. These Broken Stars has one of the most stunning covers and that partially do to Lilac's hair. Have you read The Falconer series by Elizabeth May? The covers are also beautiful and feature the MC's awesome red hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read that one, but I've been eyeballing it! :)

      Delete
  10. What a fun take on the topic today! I love it. I don't have red hair, but I do enjoy a good red-headed character. I wished for a long time I had red hair. I think I'm finally happy with my own color, but it took a while. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun topic! Yay for Archie ha ha! Love the Game of Thrones picks, and Across the Universe too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab list! I love a red headed character. You've picked some good characters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me soooo happy! I am also a red-head, and sadly, I barely notice when other red-heads appear in text! I obviously adore the Weasley family~ But I would add Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables to this list for sure. Great TTT!

    Jackie B @ www.deathbytsundoku.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot!

      I was so close to adding that classic character. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early