Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2022 - December Update: While Justice Sleeps & The Deepest South of All

 

Happy Thursday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I can't believe Christmas is only 10 days away.  Anyway, I've finally competed all 24 tasks of Book Riot's 2022 Read Harder Challenge - I think I had a pretty great reading year (for this challenge at least)!  The tasks I completed this month required me to read a political thriller by a marginalized author (BIPOC, or LGBTQIA+) and a book recommended by a friend with different reading tastes and I selected While Justice Sleeps by Stacey Abrams and The Deepest South of All: True Stories From Natchez, Mississippi by Richard Grant respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and keep your eyes out soon for my tbr for next year's challenge:

 ❋ ❋ 
While Justice Sleeps by Stacey Abrams isn't quite my kind of thriller at all but I'd still say that it's a solid read.  I appreciated it's complexity and intricacies, but I thought it ran a little too long overall.  In the future, I may decide to try more of Stacey Abrams books.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 
The Deepest South of All: True Stories From Natchez, Mississippi by Richard Grant is a must read history book.  I didn't really know what to expect going into this, but it sure paints quite a picture of the city in the past and the present.  I wasn't as interested about the more gossipy bits from the present, but I was fascinated by the section on Abd al-Rahman Ibrahima.  If you're not familiar with his life story, you need to look him up.


My review is also on Goodreads


As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!  Be on the look out soon for my tbr for next year's challenge.

Comments

  1. Nice reviews. The Deepest South of All sure looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Deepest South of All really appeals to me, I'm glad you enjoyed it😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads