Skip to main content

PopCulture Readathon, '90s & '00s Music: Rock Alt Night Board - Announcement & TBR

Happy Thursday everyone!  This January I'll be participating in the next round of the PopCulture Readathon, created and hosted by Whitney @ bookswhitme (with some assistance from Lo @ Reading Parental).   The theme is '90s & '00s Music.  There were so many classic songs weren't there!  There are 5 different boards - The Pop Girls, The Boys Are Back, Nothin' But R&B, Rapper's Delight, and Rock Alt Night.  I've decided to tackle that last board, Rock Alt Night.  I don't know if I get to all of these, but I have a great reading plan anyway.  Keep reading to check out my TBR:

sk8er boi - hockey romance

My choice: Michigan vs. the Boys by Carrie S. Allen - This looks like a YA sports book that has a bit of a romance element.  The standard hockey romance doesn't really appeal to me at all, so I thought I'd try something else close to it.

you oughta know - comfort author

My choice: Gallant by V.E. Schwab - I've had this sitting on my shelf for way too long and I can't wait to read this.

numb - gothic horror

My choice: The Hacienda by Isabel Canas - I don't know why I've been putting this one off, honestly.  I'll also be reading this as part of the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

scotty doesn't know - pick a book at random

My choice: The Web (The Survivalist #5) by Jerry Ahern - I know I've said it before, but this is like reading a Chuck Norris movie and makes me feel all manly.  I need to know what happens next.

smell's like teen spirit - ya mystery

My choice: The Silence of Bones by June Hur - The Red Palace was one of my favorite reads of this year and I need to read everything from this author.  I really liked her style of YA Historical Mystery set in Joseon (Korea).  I'll also be reading this as part of Book Riot's 2023 Read Harder Challenge.

my immortal - angel and/or demon

My choice: A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler #1) by Thomas Sniegoski - I just stumbled on the first couple of books in this series at a used book sale.  This urban fantasy sounds like it could be fun.

what's my age again? - coming of age

My choice: The Well of Ascension (The Mistborn Saga #2) by Brandon Sanderson - I really enjoyed the first book and I can't wait to see what's next.

dare you to move - time travel

My choice: The Atlas Paradox (The Atlas #2) by Olivie Blake - I really got a kick out of book one, so I really hope the sequel is as good as what I'm hoping for.  I'll also be reading this as part of the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

mr. brightside - cozy mystery

My choice: Movie Cat (A Big Mike Mystery #6) by Garrison Allen - I found this book at a used book sale and although I've never read any of the other books, it seems like it could be fun.

kryptonite - graphic novel or manga

My choice: Goldie Vance, Vol. 4 (Goldie Vance #4) by Hope Larson - This series has been absolutely delightful and I can't wait to see what Goldie and company get up to next.

take me away - different world or universe

My choice: Ringworld (Ringworld #1) by Larry Niven - Somehow I've missed this sci-fi classic and it's time to change that.

teenagers - blood in title

My choice: Youngblood by Sasha Laurens - I've seen a lot of negative and mixed reviews about this one, but I'd still like to try it for myself.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows