Skip to main content

Music Monday: Rhona MacKay Sings & Plays The Music Of The Harp

            

Welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Happy Monday everyone!  This week I'm sharing a couple of my favorite songs from the Gaelic music from Rhona MacKay Sings & Plays The Music Of The Harp.  I just recently discovered this musician via this LP at Goodwill that I happened to pick up at the same time as Crosswinds by Capercaillie and I loved her music so much.  Her voice and her talents on the clarsach are wonderful.  Give a listen to Buain A Choice/ Domhnall An Dannsair/ Glenlivet, Mais An Taobh Tuath (The Beauty of the North)/ Peat Fire Flame, Do Dh'Eirinn Cha'n Innis Mi Ah-Àinn (For Ireland I Will Not Tell Her Name), and Waly, Waly.








You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. I love harp music and Gaelic music as well (what I've been exposed to). There's something about harp music that makes me imagine being in a meadhall or an elven sanctuary somewhere lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love harp music. Somehow I haven't come across Rhona MacKay, but I'm definitely going to add some of her music to my playlist. Thanks for mentioning these songs. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just happened to find this album on Goodwill - and I really lucked out. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. The harp is such an elegant instrument. I enjoyed all of these songs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows