Skip to main content

Marvelathon - Announcement & TBR

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I'm sharing my TBR for the Marvelathon, hosted by Lisa Does Life, and lasts all of March.  I missed out on it last year, but it sounded like a lot of fun so I'm glad it's back for a new round this year.  It features two teams: Team OG (the original core members of the Avengers) and Team New Gen (more recent characters added to the line up).  It was a tough call deciding what team to join, but when I saw Moon Knight's one of the characters featured in Team New Gen I had to join their team.  I'll admit that I'm not at all familiar with the comics version of the character, but the Disney+ Moon Knight series has been one of my favorites of the Disney+ MCU series.  With this readathon, the prompts can be stacked as much as you want, but I've decided to select one title for each of the General Prompts and then tie-in some of the Bonus Prompts.  Without further ado, let's get to what I hope to read:

Team Prompt: Newly Acquired (150 points)

My choice: How to Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine - I mean that title alone makes me want to read this one!

General Prompts (100 points each for the following New Gen prompts):

Scarlet Witch: Alternative Reality

My choice: Dead Man's Hand (The Unorthodox Chronicles #1) by James J. Butcher - Jim Butcher is one of my favorites, and it's time to try his son's debut.  It sounds like a cool new urban fantasy series.

Thena: Book With A Battle

My choice: Black Panther: Tales From Wakanda edited by Jesse J. Holland - I just recently found this collection of short stories at a thrift shop and it seems like a perfect fit.  Plus, it has a lot of great authors working on it.  This will also qualify for 50 bonus points (Marvel character and POC Rep).

Groot: Book With A Tree/ Wood On The Cover

My choice: Malorie (Bird Box #2) by Josh Malerman - I'm really looking forward to this sequel since I enjoyed the first book so much.

Moon Knight: Mental Health Rep

My choice: Glass (Crank #2) by Ellen Hopkins - I got started reading this author much later than I should have and it's more than time I read this sequel.

Ant-Man: Funny Book

My choice: Suburban Hell by Maureen Kilmer - This horror comedy sounds like it's going to be right up my alley.

General Prompts (50 points each for the following OG prompts):

Black Widow: A Dark Book 

My choice: The Sculptor (Sam Markham #1) by Gregory Funaro - This mystery thriller sounds like it's going to be very intense!

Hulk: Book With Opposites

My choice: Codename Villanelle (Killing Eve #1) by Luke Jennings - I've never seen the show, but I'd like to try it so I suppose I ought to try the original book series first.

Hawkeye: Strong Family Themes

My choice: Ballad & Dagger (Outlaw Saints #1) by Daniel Jose Older - I've really enjoyed what I've read from this author in the past and I need to start this YA fantasy series opener.

Captain America: MC Goes Through Transformation

My choice: The Wolf's Hour (Michael Gallatin #1) by Robert McCammon - I just found this 1989 historical horror fantasy novel at a thrift story and it sounds absolutely wild.  It sounds like a spy who WWII era spy who fights the Nazis and is also a werewolf!

Iron Man: MC Does Something Unexpected

My choice: Goddess in the Machine (Goddess in the Machine #1) by Lora Beth Johnson - I've been eyeing this YA sci-fi series opener for awhile and it sounds pretty cool.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  If so, which should I pick up first?  Which character from Team OG or Team New Gen is your favorite?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card