Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Stolen Heir (The Stolen Heir Duology #1) by Holly Black

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my most anticipated releases, The Stolen Heir (The Stolen Heir Duology #1) by Holly Black.  Holly Black is one of my favorites and it's awesome that this is a return to the world of The Cruel Prince.

Beginning: 

A passerby discovered a toddler sitting on the chilly concrete of an alley, playing with the wrapper of a cat-food container.

56:

"He frowned a little, and it made me nervous until I realized he was just concentrating.  "Pheasant," he said.  "Acorn cakes.  Oh, and I think I have Ring Pops somewhere here, from trick-or-treating.  I went as myself."


Have you read this book or this author?   As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I forgot this book was already released. This also reminds me that I need to finish The Folk of the Air series. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any Holly Black yet but I intend to - she gets consistently good comments about various books.....ah, time. :) Have a terrific weekend.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-11-1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an all time favorite for me, Terrie. Thanks for coming over.

      Delete
  3. Someday I will be able to say I have read one of her books instead of that I only want to. Holly Black's books always sound so good! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to try a Holly Black book for a while. I hope you enjoy this one and that it meets your expectations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so curious to read this! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting excerpts. Sounds like a good one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card