Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean

  

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Popsugar Reading Challenge books, The Book Eaters by Sunyi Dean.  This sounds absolutely delightful and I'm so glad to finally get to it!

Beginning: 

These days, Devon only bought three things from the shops: books, booze, and Sensitive Care skin cream.

56:

"You've got to ask yourself one question. 'Do I feel lucky?'  Well, do ya, punk!"

On the television screen, a scowling Dirty Harry sighted down his gun.  The punk didn't feel lucky.  They never did.  Harry's goodwill  went perpetually unappreciated.


Have you read this book?  Are you participating in this challenge?   As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Thanks for mentioning The Book Eaters. I somehow missed this book when it was released last year, but it sounds exactly like a story I would enjoy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to Devon in that opening sentence! LOL This looks like a good book. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least 2 of those for me - I love that books get the number one spot!

      Delete
  3. This is one I'd like to read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this, it's so different from everything else out there. Looking forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am participating in this challenge and this book is on my list for it - and now I'm even more interested!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-12

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads