Skip to main content

Book Riot's 2023 Read Harder Challenge - February Update: Cool For The Summer & Pimp My Airship

 

Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I can't believe March is almost here already!  Anyway, I've now competed the four tasks of Book Riot's 2023 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed this month required me to read a romance with bisexual representation and an independently published book by a BIPOC author and I selected Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler and Pimp My Airship by Maurice Broaddus respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and keep your eyes out soon for my tbr for next month:

 ❋ ❋ 
I'm glad I decided to listen to Cool for the Summer by Dahlia Adler on audiobook.  The production is pretty great and Natalie Naudus in this production.  I think she's becoming a favorite of mine to listen too.  Anyway, as for the story itself I found myself quite attached to the cast of characters.  I really appreciated the coming-of-age finding yourself aspect of it.  I'm going to have to read more of Dahlia Adler's full length novels in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ 

Pimp My Airship by Maurice Broaddus was a lot of fun and I loved all the details that went into the world-building of the story. It also might be the first time I've read about Indianapolis in fiction before. I'll definitely have to read more from Maurice Broaddus in the future.  If you're looking for a cool steampunk tale, this definitely needs to be on your radar. 

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For March: 

Read a nonfiction book about intersectional feminism.

My choice: Women, Race & Class by Angela Y. Davis - I've been told this is a must-read.

Read a book of poetry by a BIPOC or queer author.

My choice: I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou - I have no idea how I've managed to miss this one for so long.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I cant believe I haven't read Maurice Broaddus yet, he's definitely on my list😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows