Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Nonfiction Books On My TBR

   

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is a Genre Freebie and I've decided to focus on a genre I don't talk about all that often: nonfiction.  Without further ado, read on to see some of the Nonfiction Books On My TBR:

And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic by Randy Shilts

The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian of the American West by Dee Brown

Cod: A Biography of the Fish That Changed the World by Mark Kurlansky

Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies (Civilizations Rise and Fall #1) by Jared Diamond

In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson

In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick

The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story Story of Homosexuals in Nazi Death Camps by Heinz Heger

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester


Have you read any of these books?  What nonfiction books are you looking forward to reading?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Nonfiction is 70% of my reading, so I've read a few few of these. I can't say enough good things about Kurlansky, Diamond, and Larson. The Wounded Knee book is one on my list. I'm currently working through a stack of doom that's mostly nf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend the Larson -- to be honest ANYthing by Larson is good. The Professor and the Madman was excellent, too, but I disliked Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Cod is in my TBR, also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I've read from him so far I've really liked. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. I've not read any of these, I do read a little non-fiction, but it still makes up a fairly small portion of what I read. I've heard of The Wounded Knee book though, I think that was one that came up when I did a Native American History module for my degree.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/02/28/top-ten-tuesday-409/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I haven't already read that one myself.

      Delete
  4. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee is on my TBR list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is random, but I live in Washington state and there was a segment on the local news recently with the daughter (Or granddaughter, I can't remember.) of one of the men from the real The Boys on the Boat. I guess he was from Sequim, WA. The highschoolers were lobbying to get a premier for the movie at the high school he attended there. I hope you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh! That's pretty cool - thanks for coming over, Deanna.

      Delete
  6. I like the look of Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, I used to live close to it, and have always been interested in the story

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read so little nonfiction now but I read a lot more of it before I began blogging. Some of these I've seen- Bury My Heart particularly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember watching the movie And the Band Played On. It was very emotional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a movie? Knowing what it's about I bet it would be.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads