Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - May Update: Sweep In Peace & Royal Assassin

 

Happy Thursday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I've now completed 10 tasks for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed in May required me to read a cozy fantasy and to pick a challenge from any of the previous years’ challenges to repeat.  I selected Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews and Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:

 ❋ ❋  

Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews is such a fun sequel.  I love how it blends both fantasy elements with sci-fi and it has a good sense of humor which I really appreciated.  I'm very glad I decided to continue this series on GraphicAudio audiobook because the production is absolutely outstanding.  I hope to continue it in the same format.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋  

Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb is a brilliant sequel.  I enjoyed book one, but I absolutely loved this.  I'm glad I decided to continue this series on audiobook because the narrator does a great job of putting us right in the world of the characters.  I absolutely can't wait to see what's next in the final installment of this trilogy and move on to further works from the author.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For June: 

Read a YA book by a trans author.

My choice: Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas - I loved Cemetery Boys and The Sunbearer Trials and I can't wait to read this.

Read a book about drag or queer artistry.

My choice: The Boy in the Red Dress by Kristin Lambert - This YA historical mystery sounds absolutely fascinating.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US