Skip to main content

Beat The Backlist 2024 - May Update

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I'm sharing my fifth update for my May progress on the year long Beat The Backlist 2024 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker.  You can see my original tbr here.  In May, I completed 5 books for a total of 28 books completed out of 52 books on my tbr.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in May:

 ❋  

First Rider's Call (Green Rider #2) by Kristen Britain is a great YA fantasy sequel.  I'm glad I decided to continue this series.  I wish I had read this series back when it was new because I know I would have absolutely have been a big fan - maybe even more than I am now.  I can't wait to see what's next for book three.

My review is also on Goodreads and on my Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 1 Update post.


 ❋   

First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera #6) by Jim Butcher was a brilliant series finale.  I've been working my way through it for a few years now and now that I've finished I can say it's been an all time favorite.  Each installment has been outstanding and book six is no exception.  I couldn't have asked for a better ending.  If you haven't read this series yet, I can't recommend it enough.  

My review is also on Goodreads and my Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 2 Update post.


 

I think I liked the idea of Doon (Doon #1) by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon and the musical more than I did the final product. Plus, it's way too long and the characters started to grate on my nerves after a while.  Also, I wish there weren't so many pov characters.  Anyway, I should have just stuck with the 1954 movie with Gene Kelly an Cyd Charisse.

My review is also on Goodreads and my Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 2 Update post.


 ❋  

Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell  is my first Disney Twisted Tale.  I've been looking for more Peter Pan retellings since I read Peter Darling by Austin Chant and this is a solid retelling.  I think it's longer than it needs to be, but I loved the idea of Wendy going to Never Land with Hook for the first time instead.  I especially appreciated Wendy's scenes with Tinker Bell.  I might have to look into more of these Twisted Tales.  

My review is also on Goodreads and my Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 3 Update post.


 ❋ 

I really wanted to like The Song of All (The Legacy of Heavens #1) by Tina LeCount Myers, but it just wasn't for me. I definitely preferred the idea of it more than anything.  It had everything about it that I thought would make it right up my alley.  The pacing is too slow for me and the world-building is pretty light outside of the most direct setting.  However, I wouldn't be against trying something else from the author if she decided to write something outside of this series.

My review is also on Goodreads and my Wonder 2024 - Sunday Funday: Week 3 Update post.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Looking good. Congratulations on knocking some of the books off your list.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of a mixed bag, looks like, but I'm glad the final Codex Alera book was so good😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing During the Second Half of 2024