Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - June Update: Lost in the Never Woods & The Boy in the Red Dress

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I've now completed 12 tasks for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed in June required me to read a YA book by a trans author and book about drag or queer artistry.  I selected Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas and The Boy in the Red Dress by Kristin Lambert respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:

 ❋ ❋  

Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas was one of my more anticipated reads of Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  I've really enjoyed all of the author's works and this one also sounded like it would be right up my alley.  Luckily, I can now say that this is a new contender for new favorite Peter Pan retelling!  I was hooked and I sped right through this.  While I enjoyed getting to know Wendy, I loved the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Michael and John as well as the truth behind Peter and Neverland.  If you're looking for a cool retelling, you'll have to try this.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋  

I enjoy YA historical mysteries and The Boy in the Red Dress by Kristin Lambert was a fun one. It had me on the edge of my in the beginning but it does start to get bogged down a bit in the middle.  My favorite aspect was the setting of Prohibition era New Orleans, but I also enjoyed getting to know the diverse cast.  Overall, it's an impressive debut from Kristin Lambert and I hope we get more from this author in the future.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For July:

Read a manga or manhwa.

My choice: Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 by Kamome Shirahama - I've heard nothing but great things about this manga series.  It sounds like so much fun!

Read a comic that has been banned.

My choice: Drama by Raina Telgemeier - I've read other books from this author and I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about here as well. 


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you loved Lost in the Never Woods, that's a book I see pop up every once in a while and it always gets good reviews. And I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Witch Hat Atelier😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing During the Second Half of 2024