Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2024 - May Update

    

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the book I read for May for the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Adelia, an additional challenge to G. @ Book Roast's Magical Readathon.  You can see my full tbr here.  Without further ado, check out my mini review below.

Extra credit in Lore - title has multiple "Ls" (May):

 ❋  

Watching Darkness Fall: FDR, His Ambassadors and the Rise of Adolf Hitler by David McKean had been sitting on my tbr for way too long.  I'm glad I finally read it because it's a fascinating piece of WWII history that I wasn't very familiar with going into it.  I've read quite a few WWII books but I think I've read any to prominently feature the American ambassadors before.  I don't know why, but the topic is one I've never really considered the topic of American ambassadors during WWII before this, but this absolutely held my attention all the way through.  The author does a great job of painting a real picture of all of the players in this story which I really appreciated.  I think I'll have to read more from David McKean in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US