Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.





This week I'm spotlighting one of my current #BeatTheBacklist reads, The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith.  I read book one in this series just under a year ago, and I've finally decided to continue on with it as a part of this challenge.  I don't know why I didn't pick it up sooner since I enjoyed The Cuckoo's Calling as much as I did.  Better late than never, right?



Beginning:

"Someone bloody famous," said the hoarse voice on the end of the line, "better've died, Strike."

56:

Strike paused at the end of the rain-sodden mews and called Robin, whose number was busy.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Book Read In July



Least favorite - Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman - I actually DNF'd this at 20%.  I really wanted to like it, but I couldn't get into it.  Maybe I should come back to it after I read Seraphina.



Favorite - Scream All Night by Derek Milman - I read quite a few good books in July, but I need to mention this one. It deserves all the love it can get!

Have you read any of these novels?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I need to try reading the Cormoran Strike books. They seem pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've liked them so far. I really want to see the adaptation.

      Delete
  2. I always find it fun to finally get back to a series I enjoy. That title is intriguing. And I can't wait to read Scream All Night.

    My Friday 56 from Ghostgirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think of Scream All Night, Laura. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued!! I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is one my TBR mountain along with The Cuckoo's Calling. I really should give them a try. BTW, I enjoyed Tess of the Road but then I have read Seraphina. Mine is from The Point by John Dixon - a science fiction thriller from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I loved The Point! :)

      Thanks for coming over, Kathy.

      Delete
  5. I have been eyeing the Cormoran Strike books. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “GHOSTED”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you had to dnf a book!! I hate it when I have to do that!! I'll have to check out Scream All Night by Derek Milman.

    Here's my 50/50 link: https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/08/5050-friday-favoriteleast-favorite-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hope you'll like it. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  7. Dnfs suck but better to move on and find a book you like and now suffer through something that you don't.
    Scream All Night is a gripping title!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Tess of the Road sitting here begging for my attention. I haven't cracked her. I want to read The Cuckoo's Calling. It is on my list. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday!

    Haha, great first line!

    Hallie @ Book by Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like that intro and teaser!

    My Tuesday post is here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats disappointing to see about Tess of the Road. It looked pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have liked it more if I was already familiar with Seraphina...

      Delete
  12. I am a major Cormoran Strike (and Robin) fan! The third one is rather dark.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to try the Cormoran Strike series. It sounds really good. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could not get into Tess of the Road either. I really tried, but it was the first ARC I ever DNFed. I hope you enjoy The Silkworm! Happy weekend, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard the title The Silkworm but don't kn ow mluch about the book. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Scream All Night looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried these yet. It sounds good though, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy Tess of the Road, Lauren. The cover snob in me immediately added it to my TBR because of the cover but I've been hearing mixed reviews from the bloggers I follow. Thanks for linking up!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early