Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2020 - 5 Modern Classics

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today, in honor of Sci-Fi Month 2020 (Image credit: Photo by Tithi Luadthong on 123RF.com with a quote from Seven Devils by Elizabeth May and Laura Lam), I'm sharing five modern classic sci-fi novels.  The books that made the cut were released from 2008-2016, and I have a feeling they'll be talked about for a long time to come.  At least, I think they should be.  They're all incredibly memorable and have a little bit of something for everyone.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch - Believe the hype for this multiverse thriller!  By the way, the audiobook production is awesome.

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness - This is the oldest on the list, but it's a goodie.

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers #1) by Becky Chambers - If you're looking for a brilliant space opera along the lines of Firefly and Saga, look no further.

The Martian by Andy Weir - Hands down the funniest lost on another planet survival story I've ever read.

Vicious (Villains #1) by V.E. Schwab - Schwab has quickly become one of my all time favorite authors and this is one of the best books I've read featuring superpowers and the villains behind them.



Have you read any of these?  What are some of your favorite modern classics?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Vicious is so good! I would definitely class it as a modern classic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know right! Thanks for coming over, Louise. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early