Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2020 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Exodus Towers (The Dire Earth Cycle #2) by Jason M. Hough




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 



Happy Friday everyone!  In honor of Sci-Fi Month 2020 this week I'm spotlighting my current Sci-Fi Month read, The Exodus Towers (The Dire Earth Cycle #2) by Jason M. Hough.  I'm glad to be jumping back into this series so soon since I really enjoyed book one.

Beginning:

The girl danced for an audience of ghosts.

56:

Tania tapped the hold icon again, and made her deal with the devil.


What are you reading this week?  Are you taking part in Sci-Fi Month this year?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I like the snippets! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “FINDING MRS. FORD”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing snippets, love the beginning!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Exodus Towers sounds good from the excerpts you shared! Especially that opening!

    I haven't decided yet if I'll be participating in Sci Fi Month. It's also November Nonfiction and I always find myself feeling like I should do both, and yet I somehow rarely do. Maybe my upcoming TBR poll will include Sci Fi options. I've certainly got a few on my TBR shelves to read!

    Have a great weekend and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do Nonfiction November one of these days. Maybe next year...

      Delete
  4. Interesting quotes! I used to read a lot of sci-fi, but haven't kept it up in recent years. Sci Fi Month sounds intriguing - it would nudge me into getting back into the genre. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snippets! I am not a fan of SF and hardly reads it. This might be the one that can change my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early