Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2020 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #2) by Tamsyn Muir

 



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 




Happy Friday everyone!  In honor of Sci-Fi Month 2020 this week I'm spotlighting my current Sci-Fi Month read, Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #2) by Tamsyn Muir.  I'm happy to be back so soon for book two.  I loved the first installment of this sci-fi fantasy and I know this is going to be just as brilliant.

Beginning:

Your room had long ago plunged into near-complete darkness, leaving no distraction from the great rocking thump - thump - thump of body after body flinging itself onto the great mass already coating the hull.

56:

The thumbnail was whole and even.  Too even?  Were you wont to chew your fingernails still, that unattractive  tic of your girlhood?


Are you taking part in Sci-Fi Month this year?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I can't wait to hear your thoughts😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing 56! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BOOK OF TWO WAYS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting excerpts and I love that cover. I have heard good things about this series and hope to give it a try. I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend, Lauren. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book was amazing and this sequel is great so far as well.

      Delete
  4. Cool cover and I like those snippets too!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard so many good things about Harrow the Ninth. I've considered giving Gideon the Ninth a try, but I haven't decided yet. I like the quotes for this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early