Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2020 - Music Monday: The Vast of Night (2019)

 

Happy Music Monday everyone!  Today, in honor of Sci-Fi Month 2020 (Image credit: Photo by Tithi Luadthong on 123RF.com with a quote from Seven Devils by Elizabeth May and Laura Lam), I'm sharing some sci-fi inspired music.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm featuring a couple of pieces of music from a recent favorite movie, The Vast of Night (2019), which is currently available on Amazon Prime.  It's set in 1950s New Mexico and follows a telephone switchboard operator and a radio DJ that hear a mysterious frequency that may be extraterrestrial in origin.  It's very suspenseful and atmospheric and I loved every second of it.  As a fan of The Twilight Zone, it is marvelous homage to that classic.  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend checking it out.  Give a listen below to a couple of tracks from the soundtrack:






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. Ooh I did soundtracks this week too. I've never heard of this show but I love that premise! gonna check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is so good. I have a feeling you'd really enjoy it, Greg.

      Delete
  2. These are good songs. I haven't watched The Vast of Night. It seems interesting and like something I might like, especially since you compared it to The Twilight Zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would too, Breana. Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  3. i find a lot of great music through sound tracks. thanks for sharing
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge