Skip to main content

Music Monday: Boy (2010)

Welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Happy Monday everyone!  This week I'm sharing one of my favorite moments from Taika Waititi's Boy (2010).  The whole movie is absolutely fantastic if you haven't seen it, but the end credit sequence featuring that Michael Jackson's Thriller Haka set to the song Poi-E by Patea Maori Club is perfection.  Some background on the movie: it's set in 1984 New Zealand and follows an 11 year old Boy who thinks Michael Jackson is the coolest and is excited that his heroic dad has finally come home, but his dad (played by Taika Waititi himself) is actually an inept criminal who's only come back to find the bag of money he buried years ago.  Check out that end credit scene and the original 1982 music video of Poi-E below:





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. I love this! I only know Waititi from the comics movies- this is totally new for me! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is easily one of my favorites out there. You totally need to watch more of his stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched Boy, but I have heard of it. The song is nice. Great pick! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly makes me feel patriotic for a country I don't live in. :)

      Delete
  3. i heard of boy but have never watched it. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth it. Thanks for linking up with me!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of seen this but it's entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early