Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Trials of Koli (Rampart Trilogy #2) by M.R. Carey



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Trope-ical Readathon books, The Trials of Koli (Rampart Trilogy #2) by M.R. Carey.  I loved book one in this trilogy and I'm so glad to be back!

Beginning:

There come a time, by and by, when I feared we was not going to get to London at all.

56:

There was a room called the music room, though I didn't hear any music there.  And one called the dressing room, that had no clothes in it.  And a third that was called the blue room.  I don't remember at this remove what colour the walls were, but they were not blue.

Are you participating in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down

Comments

  1. I am especially drawn to the 56. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear I'm not getting to London either. Or I'm a bit late for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings back great memories! I'm about halfway through the Fall of Koli and loving it😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The page 56 quote is so funny. I will investigate this book and series further. My quotes are from Fifty Words For Rain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I'm curious where this one is headed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so intrigued by this one. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started this series, but I have seen this one around. It seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read this series for some time now. Both of these excerpts are so telling of what life has become there. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I hope you'll enjoy it when y get there. Have a great weekend!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early