Skip to main content

PopCulture Mini-Thon, The Midnight Society - Announcement & TBR

 

Happy Thursday everyone!  Later this month I'm going to be taking part in the next PopCulture Readathon mini-thon aka The Midnight Society, created and hosted by Whitney @ bookswhitme, from March 14th through March 20th and this time it's themed around Are You Afraid of the Dark? which was one of my favorite shows.  There's no bingo board this time around, but there are five prompts that look pretty tempting.  By the way, don't forget to follow the fun over on Twitter, and tag your posts with #popcreadathon#minipopreads, and #midnightsocietyreads.  Keep reading to see the books I hope to tackle for these prompts:

The Tale of the Twisted Claw - Animal on the Cover

My choice: The Tower of Ravens (Rhiannon's Ride #1) by Kate Forsyth - This fantasy series opener looks like it's going to be epic!

The Tale of the Long Ago Locket - Historical Fiction

My choice: Conspiracy of Ravens (The Shadow #2) by Lila Bowen - I really loved the first book in this historical fantasy western and I can't wait to see what's next.

The Tale of the Tiny Red Bicycle - Red Cover 

My choice: Providence by Caroline Kepnes - I really liked Kepnes brand of thriller with You and I'm looking forward to what this standalone has to offer.

The Tale of the Bookish Babysitter - Book You'd Like to be a Character In


My choice: Battle Ground (The Dresden Files #17) by Jim Butcher - This series is an all time favorite and I'm so glad that we've had two new releases so close to one another.  Plus, it's good to know that there will be more in the future.

The Tale of Station 109.1 - Social Media Rec

My choice - Black City Saint (Black City Saint #1) by Richard A. Knaak - I don't know about you, but St. George and the Dragon in Prohibition era Chicago sounds really cool to me.  I'm glad social media put this on my radar even if it was years ago and it's been sitting on my shelf for way too long.



Are you taking part in this mini readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below.

Comments

  1. I loved that show as a kid! I hope you enjoy these books. Good luck with the readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like fun. Black City Saint has been on my TBR for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it will be as cool as it sounds. Thanks for coming over, Tammy.

      Delete
  3. I forgot about Providence! I look forward to your thoughts on it and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early