Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fictional Librarians

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Characters Whose Job I Wish I Had, but I'm doing something else.  As a librarian, I'm going to feature my favorite librarians onscreen in movies and tv shows, in podcasts, and in books:  Without further ado, here we go alphabetical order by name:

Movies & TV Shows

Evelyn Carnahan O'Connell from The Mummy and The Mummy Returns

Flynn Carsen from The Librarian movie series

Rupert Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Wong from Doctor Strange, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame

Podcasts

The Night Vale Public Librarians from Welcome to Night Vale

Books

Christopher Wolfe from The Great Library series by Rachel Caine

Claire from the Hell's Library series by A.J. Hackwith

Irene from The Invisible Library series by Genevieve Cogman

Isaac Vainio from the Magic Ex Libris series by Jim C. Hines

The Librarian from the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett


What are your favorite librarian characters?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ooh nice! I liked Irene- I need to get book two of that series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember any even though I was a librarian and should have been piling them up in my memory. I went off the board this week because I couldn't remember anyone's professions except for the teachers and since I'm one that wasn't fun. Check out my off the board list please. Thanks you. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over, Anne. I'm always on the look out for a new to me fictional librarians.

      Delete
  3. I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Rupert had such a cool job.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-characters-whose-job-i-wish-i-had/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your spin on this week's prompt! I'm a school librarian, so librarians tend to draw me too!

    Evie and Flynn will have to be my favorite.

    Happy TTT!

    Ten jobs Elza would love to have

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, I love Wolfe! I really need to finish that series!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/03/02/top-ten-tuesday-305/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I bet it's cool seeing your job portrayed on screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your take on this! Here is my post-https://paigesofbook.blogspot.com/2021/03/top-ten-tuesday-characters-with-hobbies.html.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew how dangerous being a librarian could be

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evie! She's a new favorite and who could forget Giles.
    Librarian characters are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome. I love Giles so much. And the Discworld librarian too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! They are so much fun.

      Thanks for coming over, Lisa.

      Delete
  11. Great list! I really need to cross The Invisible Library off my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you chose to highlight librarians this week—The Librarian from Discworld might be my current favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I hadn't heard of a lot of these. Giles is so great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As someone who works at a library, this post is great! I love Wong from Doctor Strange, so I'm excited you included him. And I love the Librarian movies! I don't know how I've forgotten those exist. I need to rewatch them ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early