Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia - June Update

   

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I'm sharing my thoughts on the book I read for June for the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Adelia, an additional challenge to G. @ Book Roast's Magical Readathon.  You can see my full tbr here.  Without further ado, check out my mini review below.

 ❋ ❋  

The Doctor and the Rough Rider (Weird West Tales #3) by Mike Resnick was a lot of fun.  I don't read westerns all that often, but I do enjoy the genre when it's combined with fantasy elements.  I also enjoy seeing real life historical figures and events incorporated into them.  This book does a good job of bringing those elements together.  One real historical character that I was pleased to see pop up in this novel that you don't see that often in fiction lately was Bat Masterson.  Finally, I want to mention  that I also especially appreciated the appendices at the end.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I don't think I've ever read Mike Resnick before, but this series sounds like a lot of fun😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows