Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Autumn Equinox 2023 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's now that time to start my Autumn Equinox 2023 classes at Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, completed the Spring Equinox 2022,  completed the August Equinox 2022, visited Old Favour Pass, and I've also been working on the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia challenge this year, and completed the Spring Equinox 2023.  This Autum Equinox semester runs all of August (but if you want to get a bit of head start you can start as early as July 29th if you like).  Like before I've decided to continue studying for the Calling of a Scribe which sounds like a great fit for me.  That means I'll be taking four courses: Elemental Studies, Inscription, Restoration, and Lore.  To complete these courses I'll need to earn an O in Elemental Studies (1 book), a D in Inscription (3 books), an O in Restoration (1 book), and a Q in Lore (2 books) for a total of 7 books.  Keep reading to see what I plan on reading to complete my course of study for this semester:

Elemental Studies 

O - Element of the Earth - Book with the word "earth" in the title

My choice: Breath of Earth (Blood of Earth #1) by Beth Cato - I've been meaning to read this for ages and it's time I finally give it a try.

Inscription

O - Glyph: Tidy - Book from your end of year tbr


My choice: The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley - I've read a couple of books by this author so far and I like her style.  It definitely reminds me of Ruth Ware's.  I'm also reading this for the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Q - Wards & Shields - Shield on the cover or in the title

My choice: Poisoned Blade (Court of Fives #2) by Kate Elliott - I liked the first and am looking forward to what's next.

D - Advanced Penmanship - Read a book that's not a debut

My choice: The Unbound (The Archived #2) by Victoria Schwab - The first one was amazing and the second one will be too!

Restoration

O - Induced Sleep - Start a book before bed

My choice: The Slow Regard of Silent Things (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2.5) by Patrick Rothfuss - I just recently finished the second book and I can't wait to try this too!

Lore

O - Tale of the Guide - Bookseller's recommendation

My choice: Spells for Forgetting by Adrienne Young - All of her books have been fantastic that I've had the chance to read and a local indie bookstore was recommending this as well.

Q - Cursed Cloaks - Clothing on the cover

My choice: Plague of the Cybermen (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #49) by Justin Richards - I've seen some mixed reviews for this story, but I do enjoy the Eleventh Doctor and this sounds like it has a lot of potential.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  Which one should I start with?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've heard really good things about Spells For Forgetting. This looks like a fun list, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With