Skip to main content

Paper Towns by John Green - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Quentin has spent his life admiring Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. One night when she climbs through his window dressed as a ninja on a mission for revenge, he follows her without question. After their all-night mission ends, Q hopes they will be friends, or maybe more, when they go back to school. He quickly realizes that she's gone missing (which has happened before but she has always come back). Q begins to find some clues which may lead to her location - and they're for him. The farther he follows this seemingly disconnected path, the more he sees that she's not the girl he thought she was.

Q and his friends are fantastical characters and they are all easy to relate to. The story is very realistic, detailed, clever, and funny. John Green definitely delivers in every way with Paper Towns and he is easily one of my favorite contemporary authors.

Of everything I've read by John Green, I'd say Paper Towns is my favorite so far. If you like Ferris Bueller's Day Off (if led by a character like Cameron) and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, you'll probably like Paper Towns by John Green. If you've never read anything by this author, you might want to start right here.

I'm really looking forward to the movie adaptation starring Nat Wolff as Quentin.


I read this from November 30 - December 1, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I have to say this is my least favorite of Green's books. I just couldn't get over how self-centered and selfish Margo was. I mean, her friends left their graduation to go find her and, when they finally do, she doesn't even give a flip. She just ruined the entire book for me.

    But it was a great review. ^-^

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really like the real Margo either, but I liked that Green took that route with the character! I'll admit I was thinking about Gone Girl in the back of my mind while I was listening to the audiobook. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early