Skip to main content

The Friday 56: Pegasus by Danielle Steel


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

This week I am spotlighting Pegasus by Danielle Steel.  This will be my second book by this author, the first being Echoes, which I actually enjoyed more than I expected, although my bar was set incredibly low.  I didn't really expect to come back to this author - just not my style - but a book club I'm in has selected this book for our next meeting.  I have a sneaking suspicion that the white stallion named Pegasus will not be capable of flight.  At least I have the Ringling Brothers Circus, if nothing more, to look forward to in this new novel.



"I met your little boy today, she said, when they stopped outside her door. "He's adorable."

"Yes, he is, thank you," Nick agreed warmly. "I think he met everyone on the ship today, including all the sailors. He's having fun."

"So am I," she said, looking wistfully at Nick. "I loved dancing with you tonight. I haven't been dancing in months."

Comments

  1. I love the cover pic, but not a follower of DS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I immediately thought of Shadowfax, the lord of all horses! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Danielle Steel in a while, and her books are hit and miss for me. But this one looks enticing. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine: “AFTER BIRTH”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing. So far, I would say they seem a bit formulaic. It takes a while to get going, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover and I, like you, suspect there is not flying horses. ^_^ Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by fundinmental.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I hope you are enjoying it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see - I've gone ahead and started in on it! :)

      Delete
  5. I remember discovering Danielle Steel when I was a teenager. I gobbled them up for quite awhile. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I don't know if I'll be gobbling them up, but they are quick reads. :)

      Delete
  6. I've never read a Danielle Steel book, but I'm thinking maybe I should just so I can say I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cover art and nice conversational snippets! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those were the least spoiler-y I could do for that page. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  8. I haven't read a Danielle Steel book in a long time but this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if this is too soon of an assessment, but if you've read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and enjoyed it you might like Pegasus. :)

      Delete
  9. If he can run as fast and far as Shadowfax, he doesn't need wings. I hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks for stopping by my post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point! :D
      I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. I have not read Danielle Steel in YEARS, but there's a horse on the cover! :D I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early