Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Music Groups and Solo Acts


This week the theme for Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is a freebie, so I decided to take the opportunity to talk about something a little different - my favorite music.  In this case, I will be spotlighting ten of my favorite artists and some of their best (in my opinion) tracks.  They won't all necessarily be new, or all that well known, but they definitely deserve to be heard if you haven't given them a listen already.  Here they are in alphabetical order:



Bastille
- Pompeii
- Bad Blood
- Flaws




Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys
- New San Antonio Rose
- Roly-Poly
- Steel Guitar Rag
- Time Changes Everything






Buddy Holly
- Peggy Sue
- Every Day
- Words of Love










Fall Out Boy
- Dance, Dance
- A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me
- 20 Dollar Nose Bleed
-Dead On Arrival





Florence + the Machine
- Dog Days Are Over
- Shake It Out
- Seven Devils
- Heartlines








Johnny Horton
- The Battle of New Orleans
- Sink the Bismark
- North To Alaska
- When It's Springtime In Alaska (It's 40 Below)









Jo Stafford
-Some Enchanted Evening
- The Stanley Steamer
- Ragtime Cowboy Joe








Kate Rusby
- The Goodman
- Sir Eglamore
- I Am Stretched On Your Grave
- The Blind Harper










Panic! at the Disco
- Nails For Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks
- Better If You Do
- I Write Sins Not Tragedies
-This Is Gospel










Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- On the Sunny Side of the Street
- Blue Skies
- Stardust
- The Sheik of Araby
- East of the Sun (and West of the Moon)




Bonus:


Dave "Baby" Cortez
- The Happy Organ





The G-Clefs
- Ka Ding Dong




The above is just a minor selection of some of my favorites and I highly recommend you give them a listen.  Maybe you'll find one you like!

Comments

  1. Great idea for a list! I'm always looking for new music to try out. I listen to Bastille, Florence + the Machine, and Panic quite a bit. Fall Out Boy usually comes on the radio a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - It's kind of nice to talk about something different for a change! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I've got very eclectic tastes...but that's probably pretty obvious from my list, huh? :)

      Delete
  3. That's such a great list. I've heard such awesome things about Florence + The Machines; I think I need to listen to them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Florence Welch has an incredibly powerful voice.

      Delete
  4. Nice change of topic! I love Florence + the Machine, so dramatic and moving. If I could sing, I would bellow out her music on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! It's a refreshing switch. And, if I could sing, I would be doing he same thing! :D

      Delete
  5. Really awesome topic, it's great that you did something completely different. Also, nice variety of bands! Fall Out Boy is probably my favorite off your list and I have to ask, have you heard their new album and if so what's your favorite track off it? I ask because I am currently obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really, really need to listen to their two newest albums actually (Save Rock and Roll and American Beauty/American Psycho) - I honestly have no idea why I haven't yet since I have so much love for their earlier stuff. Of their new material, I've only heard what's been on the radio - I have been enjoying Centuries! I must listen to their new songs! What have been some of your favorites?

      Delete
  6. FOB and P!ATD :D I remember listening to both bands when I was in high school. then I stopped listening to those genre of music until now (well technically I went back to listening to them just a week or two ago). Great list!

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to listen to them quite a bit more when I was in high school, too. I've only recently started listening to them again and remembered why I liked them! :)

      Delete
  7. I also love Panic, FOB and Bastille :) Cool list.

    kath (kathquiambao.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been loving Bastille lately. And Panic at the disco! I haven't listened to them in a little while, but I always loved them. These are great artists and they're all so different. I'm like that too, I listen to really really different genres.

    Great topic!

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I love having a little variety in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Florence + the Machine is one of my favorite groups too. :) I love listening to their music! I really like most of the songs I've heard by them, which is rare for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I started listening I was hooked on her vocal abilities! :)

      Delete
  11. Wow you have some nice variety here! I've heard OF most of them, but haven't actually HEARD many of the songs. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early