Skip to main content

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, Pt. 5


Wow!  I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award for the fifth time!!  Thanks very much to Erica and Christy @ Novel Ink for nominating me!


Rules:

1.) Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2.) Put the award logo on your blog.
3.) Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
4.) Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5.) Nominate ten people.

My answers to their questions:



What book was your biggest disappointment in 2014?


The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black was probably the biggest disappointment.  I normally love these two authors, but they just fell flat here.  The more I read the more I realized I was just trying to see how many Harry Potter references I could count.

If you could be friends with a character (boy and girl, if you'd like) who would you choose?

Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley

What book would you like to become a movie/TV show?

Here are some of the books I would like to see as either a movie or tv show: The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey, and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.

What famous person would send you into total fangirl/boy mode?

Probably David Tennant, Tom Hiddleston, or Benedict Cumberbatch - all outstanding actors who are very good at what they do.

What is your favorite show to splurge on while watching Netflix?

This is a simple one for me - I don't have Netflix.

If you had three wishes, what would you wish for (and no, you can't ask for more wishes)?

1. The ability to draw items/ characters from books, or to insert myself into the story.
2. To be able to travel through time and space (basically be a Time Lady with a TARDIS, or the Doctor's companion).
3. To make sure friends and family are healthy and safe.

What is the most mind blowing book you've read?

I'm not sure about ever, but the most recently mind blowing have been The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, and All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.

What is the last book that made you ugly cry?



What is your favorite ice cream?

I could go generic here and say chocolate, but I'm still reeling from the loss of the last Friendly's restaurant in the state of Ohio.  I loved their black raspberry ice cream so much...I miss it.

Which couple do you ship the most?

I've never really gotten into this shipping business, but I did have hopes for Tessa and Jem from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.


My nominees:


The questions for my nominees:

1. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? It doesn't necessarily have to be recent or even considered a "great" movie. 

2. What book would you like to become a movie/TV show?

3. What famous person would send you into total fangirl/boy mode?

4. Favorite Harry Potter book (not having read all of them is not an option!)?

5. Is there a food that a book has made you want to try?

6. Do you like deckled edges on books?

7. Ninjas break into your house and plan on stealing your bookshelf, what character do you channel to beat them?

8. What Disney character do you think you are most like?

9.What book release are you looking forward to the most in 2015?

10. If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would it be? 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I'm sorry to hear The Iron Trial was such a flop for you. Based on all the negative reviews, I don't think I'll be reading it.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      It's not actually that bad...if only it were more original they'd have really had something!

      Delete
  2. Nice answers! DAVID TENNANT YES <3 5 times doing this tag, that's ridiculous! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH YES! :D

      I know, I can't believe it either - it's so crazy!

      Delete
  3. You were in Ohio? That's where I'm from. Loved all your answers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm in Ohio. It's a nice place, when it's not so cold. :)

      Delete
  4. Throne of Glass would make an excellent TV show!!!!! The No.1 wish, I wish the exact same thing!! I've prayed for that power from as long as I can remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *High Five*
    The Bone Clocks sounds really cool! Gotta check it out!!
    Lovely answers Lauren and thanks a lot for tagging me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be fantastic!
      You may just want to check in to the Magic Ex Libris series by Jim C. Hines (book 1 is called Libriomancer), if you haven't already! *High fives back*
      I can't wait to see your responses!

      Delete
    2. I didn't remember that you said Throne of Glass for TV show! :D
      I did the tag! Sorry I'm so late by the way! http://eclecticintrospections.blogspot.in/2015/04/sisterhoof-of-world-bloggers-award.html

      Delete
  5. Wow, number five?! Congrats! Lol.
    Yeah, the Iron Trial was a bit of a downer for me, too. I expected more from it, but at least I didn't anticipate all the twists and turns in the book.
    Mmm, I could definitely do with meeting Benedict Cumberbatch. <333
    I really need to give the Throne of Glass series a second change. I liked the first book, but I just haven't felt compelled to pick it up since then. I just don't have the energy to invest in it, it feels like, lol. But I'm reading A Court of Roses and Thorns right now and LOVING it!
    Anyway, sorry I've disappeared lately! School got in the way. But I'll be checking back in with you more frequently now!

    Brittany @ http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's unbelievable. :D
      They did do some unexpected things, but all of the Harry Potter similarities overshadowed it so much.
      Exactly!
      I'm going to be reading Crown of Midnight shortly in fact and I'm super excited to get back to that world. You might want to try it again...but I am glad to hear how much you're loving A Court of Roses and Thorns.
      Good to see you back!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early