Wow! I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award for the fifth time!! Thanks very much to Erica and Christy @ Novel Ink for nominating me!
1.) Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2.) Put the award logo on your blog.
3.) Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
4.) Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5.) Nominate ten people.
My answers to their questions:
What book was your biggest disappointment in 2014?
The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black was probably the biggest disappointment. I normally love these two authors, but they just fell flat here. The more I read the more I realized I was just trying to see how many Harry Potter references I could count.
If you could be friends with a character (boy and girl, if you'd like) who would you choose?
Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley
What book would you like to become a movie/TV show?
Here are some of the books I would like to see as either a movie or tv show: The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey, and Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.
What famous person would send you into total fangirl/boy mode?
Probably David Tennant, Tom Hiddleston, or Benedict Cumberbatch - all outstanding actors who are very good at what they do.
What is your favorite show to splurge on while watching Netflix?
This is a simple one for me - I don't have Netflix.
If you had three wishes, what would you wish for (and no, you can't ask for more wishes)?
1. The ability to draw items/ characters from books, or to insert myself into the story.
2. To be able to travel through time and space (basically be a Time Lady with a TARDIS, or the Doctor's companion).
3. To make sure friends and family are healthy and safe.
What is the most mind blowing book you've read?
I'm not sure about ever, but the most recently mind blowing have been The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, and All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill.
What is the last book that made you ugly cry?
What is your favorite ice cream?
I could go generic here and say chocolate, but I'm still reeling from the loss of the last Friendly's restaurant in the state of Ohio. I loved their black raspberry ice cream so much...I miss it.
Which couple do you ship the most?
I've never really gotten into this shipping business, but I did have hopes for Tessa and Jem from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
The questions for my nominees:
1. What's your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? It doesn't necessarily have to be recent or even considered a "great" movie.
2. What book would you like to become a movie/TV show?
3. What famous person would send you into total fangirl/boy mode?
4. Favorite Harry Potter book (not having read all of them is not an option!)?
5. Is there a food that a book has made you want to try?
6. Do you like deckled edges on books?
7. Ninjas break into your house and plan on stealing your bookshelf, what character do you channel to beat them?
8. What Disney character do you think you are most like?
9.What book release are you looking forward to the most in 2015?
10. If you could be one fictional character for a day, who would it be?