Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Grave Sight (Harper Connelly #1) by Charlaine Harris + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.



This week I'm spotlighting one of my current OWNtober reads, Grave Sight (Harper Connelly #1) by Charlaine Harris.  Charlaine Harris is one of my favorites and I'm glad to be starting another one of her series.  I've also been told that Manfred from the Midnight, Texas series and tv adaption appears later in this series as well, so that's pretty cool.


Beginning: 

The silent witnesses lie everywhere, passing from one form of matter to another, gradually becoming unrecognizable to their nearest and dearest.

56:

She gave me her address and asked if I could come in a half hour.  I told her it'd be an hour, but we'd be there.

50/50 Friday: Best/ Worst Read Of September



Best - The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow - This was absolutely delightful and I can't recommend it enough.


Worst - A Hero Born (Legends of the Condor Heroes #1) by Jin Yong, Translated by Anna Holmwood - I really wanted to love this first English translation of this Chinese epic, but I ended up DNF'ing it.  It just wasn't working out for me.


Have you read any of these novels?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. The cover for The Ten Thousand Doors of January is just stunning!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of this Charlaine Harris series! I need to check it out😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've read a lot of harris' early books. looks like i need to play catchup
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read her books but always wanted to read Sookie Stackhouse! This looks good too though! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first 8 of the Sookie Stackhouse books are pretty great. :)

      Delete
  5. I like those quotes, definitely seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy this as much as her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get back into Harris's books. I haven't read Grave Sight yet. I was hoping A Hero Born would be better. That's too bad. I am right there with you with The Ten Thousand Doors of January though. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing how awesome The Ten Thousand Doors of January is. I've definitely gotta check it out. Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early