Thanks very much for nominating me for The Liebster Award, Marina! I can't believe this is my 11th nomination...wow, thanks everyone! If you haven't checked out her blog at Books of Magic, you're really missing out - you need to check out her little space on the internet. This time I believe I'll just be sharing my answers to the questions that Marina has set to me. Let's get started!
1. If you had to pick the best 3 books from your 3 favorite genres, which ones you’d choose?
These are some of my favorites that deserve all the love they can get:
An Alchemy of Masques and Mirrors (The Risen Kingdoms #1) by Curtis Craddock - for Steampunk Fantasy
Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine - for Dystopian Sci-Fi
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters - for Gothic Horror
2. What’s the best setup for reading in your opinion? (Place, sounds, food/drink, time of day, etc.)
Personally, I love sitting in the shade in a lawn chair outside on a nice summer afternoon.
3. If you could become a creature from mythology/legends, which one would you be and why?
I'll say a Pegasus, wouldn't that be cool!
4. What are your thoughts on podcasts? Do you listen to any, and which ones?
There are a few that have hooked me. I'm currently working my way through Lore, David Tennant Does A Podcast, and Welcome to Night Vale (the novels are pretty fun too). Other favorites that I've caught up on are Wooden Overcoats (which will be coming back for a fourth season next summer!), Alice Isn't Dead, and Within the Wires.
5. Is there a genre you hate/dislike, and why?
I'm not a fan of New Adult Romance. I'm just not much of a romance person. I'd like to try other New Adult genres, but they seem to be few and far between. Anyone have any recommendations?
6. What is the longest and the shortest book you’ve ever read?
Longest - theMystery.doc by Matthe McIntosh - It's a 1,669 pages mixed media book that's more like reading a 300 page book really. I wouldn't exactly say I recommend it unless you want the bragging rights.
Shortest - That's Not My Cow... by Fiona Watt - This whole touchy-feely board book series is just the cutest and they all clock in at 10 pages.
7. What is your favorite meme ever?
I don't know about favorite ever, but do love this one!
8. Which fancy book features do you like? (Sleeves, flypapers, ribbons, etc.)
Fancy flyleaf endpapers can be a treat.
9. What’s your favorite food/meal?
I love baked macaroni and cheese!
10. If you could go for a cozy reading retreat for a couple of days, where would you go?
Honestly, I'd probably stay at home and read. If I went on vacation, I'd be busy seeing the sights.
11. Recommend me a book!
One of my recent favorites has been The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter by Theodora Goss. If you like historical fantasy horror that manages to incorporate classic characters, I can't recommend this enough.
Thanks again for the nomination, Marina! As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!