Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’d Give Different Titles To


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books I’d Give Different Titles To (and tell us what title you’d pick!).  I'm doing something a bit different and sharing Titles That Could Have Been. Here we go:

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - The High-Bouncing Lover

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck - Something That Happened

1984 by George Orwell - The Last Man in Europe

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - Mules in Horses' Harness

Dracula by Bram Stoker - The Dead Un-Dead

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Alice's Adventures Under Ground

Alternate Titles In Other Countries:

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - Cross Stitch

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin - The Collected Works of A.J. Fikry

The Wilding Sisters by Eve Chase - The Vanishing of Audrey Wilde

Mr. Flood's Last Resort by Jess Kidd - The Hoarder


What are some of your favorite alternative titles?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I like these! I had a hard time w/this weeks topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are working off the same notes this week. Funny that we didn't check with each other. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I have the Cross Stitch edition of Outlander, but I think I prefer Outlander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Cross Stitch edition of Outlander from when I was a teen, I think I prefer the old title, I feel it fits more with the rest of the titles.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I prefer Outlander as the title, but Cross Stitch does fit more with the rest in comparison to them.

      Delete
  5. The Hoarder is a great title. Short, sweet, and to the point.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, are these all real alternate titles? If so, some of them are pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right - they're either almost could have beens or alternates in other countries. :)

      Delete
  7. This is a great list! I had such a hard time with this week's theme I did something else instead!
    My Top Ten Tuesday!
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool way to do this week's post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The High Bouncing Lover. Oh, dear. That's hilarious!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a special one!

      Thanks for sharing, Deanna.

      Delete
  10. Mules in Horses' Harness made me laugh so hard!
    This Tuesday seems like you had one difficult topic. I have no idea what I'd post if I was participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just doesn't quite have the ring to it.

      It was so hard to think of them.

      Delete
  11. Looks like The Great Gatsby isn't a very popular title. Some of your retitles are pretty funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I drew a blank on this topic at first, your titles make a lot more sense than mine. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I. It took me a while to come up with something.

      Delete
  13. You did a good job this week. I didn't even know where to begin, so I didn't. The High-Bouncing Lover still has me giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dead Un-Dead had me laughing my butt off!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh fun way to do this topic. Something That Happened is intriguing, but I like that it's Of Mice and Men.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early